FAQ: I'm confused, what is SpeedFusion, SpeedFusion Connect Protect (Inc 5G/LTE), and FusionHub?

Question

I have recently acquired my first Peplink device. I want to aggregate my connections together but I’m a little confused. What is SpeedFusion, SpeedFusion Connect Protect, and FusionHub?

Answer

• SpeedFusion is Peplinks patented technology that empowers enterprise-grade VPNs. Within SpeedFusion we have various algorithms each with different usages and benefits. The aggregating of multiple WANs together is referring to Bandwidth Bonding. Learn more.

Traditionally, to utilize SpeedFusion technology you’d need a 2nd Peplink device as the terminating end-point to create a SpeedFusion/PepVPN tunnel. But now we have SpeedFusion Connect Protect and FusionHub, more convenient options are available depending on your requirements.

• FusionHub is Peplink’s SpeedFusion appliance which allows you to establish SpeedFusion connections between the cloud instances, and your device(s). This requires self-hosting within your data center or cloud infrastructure to experience unbreakable connectivity with SpeedFusion. More information can be found here.

• SpeedFusion Connect Protect is Peplink’s global network of SpeedFusion endpoints. With an active CarePlan or SpeedFusion Connect Protect data plan, you can utilize SpeedFusion wherever you are, eliminating the need for additional hardware. Each Peplink device comes with its own quota for complementary SpeedFusion Connect Protect data. Learn more here.

• SpeedFusion Connect Protect 5G/LTE is Peplink’s all-in-one solution offering access to not only SFC Protect but also LTE/5G data to enjoy the SpeedFusion benefits. Learn more on here

9 Likes