Running 3.6.0 Beta 2 for the past 2 weeks. So far I have not seen any examples of the original client problem. I am just starting to run this in locations that are more problematic so I’m not making any judgements on if this is an actual fix yet.
However, I do see two possible side effects:
Reported Tx to client data rates show 6Mb/sec for all 5GHz clients. I believe this is just a reporting issue, because I measure great throughput on devices showing this rate.
Clients seem to favor 2.4GHz channels, even though the settings are to favor 5GHz. No concrete data here, I just notice many of my laptop and smartphones seem to be using 2.4GHz in locations that are typically a great 5GHz connection. I have tried re-establishing a few times in a fixed location and still just connect on 2.4.