Remote Sim Management Menu not appears HD2DOME and SFE - SIM INJECTOR [SOLVED]

Hi,

We have an issue, no Menu named “Remote Sim Management” in both SFE or HD2DOME.
We did follow the pdf “How to setup HD2 Dome with local sim injector” from the 23th jannuary 2019.

HD2DOME is 192.168.50.1 connected to port 1 in Remote sim.
Remote sim is 192.168.50.12
We access both to http gui.

HD2DOME is 8 (the latest from the download page)
Remote sim is 1.1.8

SFE is firmware 8 and doesn’t see the remote sim too.

Please help both devices should go in production very soon.

Thanks

Hello @Alexandre_LICINIO,
There is newer firmware required for both the DH2 Dome and SIM Injector.
Look at these versions of Firmware:
For the HD2 Dome, use 8.0.1s015 (as mentioned here from @TK_Liew Firmware 8.x for Speedfusion Engine supporting RemoteSIM - #3 by TK_Liew)
For the SIM Injector, use 1.1.8 (as mentioned here from @TK_Liew Firmware 8.x for Speedfusion Engine supporting RemoteSIM - #3 by TK_Liew)
Once you have that working, you can then look at updating the HD2 Dome to 8.0.1 RC4 (as mentioned here from @Lai Firmware 8.0.1 RC4)

If you are still having issues after these, please please reach out to the following:

• Back here in this Peplink forum thread
  • Your local Peplink/Pepwave reseller that you purchased the solution from
  • The Peplink Support team by raising a support ticket at
    https://www.peplink.com/company/contact-us/
    Select the Open a Support TIcket link.
    Once you have your support ticket number, reply here with that ticket number.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

Thanks @mldowling but it is not working, i get “invalid firmware” when i try with the first one.

I’m a bit disapointed because there is no documentation about how to do it, why it is a "special firmware if peplink sell that prodcut ? Also about the Wan port of SFE, no documentation or firmware in the support page.
I did open a ticket support and they asked me to open the dome and place a sim but they advise in another thread to not do that.

We have more thant 60 differents peplink max devices, we are happy with them.
Thanks for your help

Can you attempt this process (in this order):

To ensure you have a fresh copy of the firmware:

• Open up a Google Chrome browser session in Incognito mode.
  • Past in the URL for the required firmware and save the file to your desktop.
  • Close the Google Chrome browser session.

Flush the HD2 Dome of all settings:

• Make a backup of your config if you wish to keep it.
  • Remove any SIMs in the HD2 Dome.
  • Do a factory reset of the HD2 Dome.
  • Wait for the HD2 Dome to reboot and log back in, set a new admin password if prompted.
  • Navigate to the System menu on the top and then to the Reset menu on the left, take a screenshot (it should show what the FW version is currently in each memory location) and save for reference.
  • Remove the power from the unit for 15 seconds then reapply power.

Reattempt the FW Upgrade

• Wait for the HD2 Dome to reboot and then log back in.
  • Navigate to the System Menu on the top and then to the Firmware menu on the Left.
  • Retry the Firmware Upgrade with the new copy that you just saved to your desktop.
  • Let the unit process the update and reboot.

Note: If you get the “Error: Invalid firmware image” again, post here your Peplink ticket # and a copy of the screenshot showing the firmware in the two memory locations.

Verify successfully uploading of new firmware

• Wait for the HD2 Dome to reboot and then log back in.
  • Navigate to the System menu on the top and then to the Reset menu on the left, take a screenshot (it should show what the FW version is currently in each memory location) and save for reference.

Note: you should see that the active memory slot has changed and represents the new firmware version.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Thanks @mldowling it is working with the latest firmware in beta RC4. The support gave me that one too and now it is working for the HD2DOME but not for the SFE.

Thanks for the help your provided.

Hello @Alexandre_LICINIO ,
When you say “Not working with the SFE”, are you referring to your SIM injector not working with the SFE?
Happy to Help,

Yes the firmware upgrade won’t work with the SFE to enable sim injector on it.
But it is a spare so i prefer that the dome works good :slight_smile:

With your SFE, please attempt the same process with the FW as recommended for your HD2 Dome.
If after that you can not get the SIM Injector to work, you will need to revert to your Peplink Support ticket.
Happy to Help,