Firmware 8.0.1 RC4

We’re happy to announce that the Firmware 8.0.1 RC4 is now available.

Supported models:
EPX, Balance, MAX, SpeedFusion Engine, FusionHub, Surf SOHO

Download Release Notes

Download the Beta Firmware

1 Like

what is changed from RC3? thanks

2 Likes

Hello @Lai,
We have found a bug in 8.0.1 RC4 in the Peplink Balance 30 Pro for the cellular settings
When attempting to set the “Non-preferred SIM is connected for ## minutes”, to 60 minutes, it keeps reverting back to one (1) minute.

Model Peplink Balance 30 Pro LTEA
Product Code BPL-031-LTEA-P
Hardware Revision 1
Cellular Module 35907406####### (LTE CAT-6 APAC/300Mbps)

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

1 Like

60 minutes was actually applied to the unit itself, but 1 minute will still be shown in Web UI. Please use 59 minutes at this moment. Otherwise, 1 minute will be applied in next Save action.

1 Like

Since running this on my BR1 MK2 every couple days I loose WiFi LAN. It just goes away. I power down and re-power and it comes back. Nothing in the event log.

Hello Community,
We have seen some possible issues with Dynamic DNS in the firmware 8.0.1 RC4.
This issue is particularly around the IPs (Public-Facing) at the WAN side of the cellular connection.
It appears that the router is incorrectly notifying the Dynamic DNS server of the previous IP and not the new IP of the cellular WAN connection.

(not actual DNS details)

Model Pepwave MAX Transit LTEA
Product Code MAX-TST-LTEA-P
Hardware Revision 2
Firmware 8.0.1 build 4368

In the router log files it show a successful update to the Dynamic DNS records, though in checking the DNS records at the DNS server, it is the previous IP and not the new IP. Note that the public facing IP of the cellular connection is dynamic, i.e. it may be “129.2.8.49” and then 45 minutes later it will change to “129.9.5.51” (not actual IPs).
Has anyone else seen this?
Happy to Help,

@mldowling, may I know there is a public IP or private IP shows on cellular WAN?

Have you see the cellular WAN was disconnected then reconnect in the Event Log?

1 Like

Hello @TK_Liew,
There is a Public IP on the Cellular WAN (not carrier natted). In the logs, we can see the IP change when the cellular is disconnected and reconnected.
PM me if you’d like the details or to create a support ticket.
Happy to Help,

Hi, Peplink,

I found the GRE tunnel built in Firmware 8.0.1, but I can not manage it ( and no management page for this feature ) ?

Thanks

Note: With the help of @TK_Liew, we were able to pin down the cause of the Dynamic DNS issues, it was not related to the Firmware, it appears it was related to a third-party security application.
Happy to Help,