PEPXIM SIM injector doesn't seem to save static IP address

I have a PEPXIM SIM injector paired with a MAX HD1 Dome and it seems to always revert to DHCP instead of a static IP address. The SIM injector model number is SIM-BK8-4E-56V, hardware version 2, and is running firmware v1.1.8.

I’ve tried configuring a static IP multiple times, and have power cycled, rebooted, and left the device - it prompts you to reboot the device to take effect. None seem to work.

Also, the PEPXIM logs me out very, very quickly - sometimes as short as a minute. Perhaps it is related if I can’t change things fast enough?

I’ve set a static DHCP reservation in the HD1 dome, but I really would prefer that static IP works as I’m an old school sysadmin and prefer it that way for things that should never change :slight_smile:

Is this a known issue, or is there a newer version of firmware (I couldn’t find it anywhere).

@stevemitchell

This is a bug for SIMInjector firmware 1.1.8. I’m confirming the SIMInjector firmware that you should use, i will get back to you shortly.

3 Likes

Experienceing some problems with injector here aswell, please keep me updated also! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the latest firmware for SIMInjector :heart:
http://download.peplink.com/firmware/fw_rsimServer_2_1.1.60.bin

Please upgrade the SIMInjector using the firmware and feel free to let us know if any issue found.

4 Likes

Upgrade complete. Rebooted, firmware upgrade confirmed.

Set static IP and rebooted, and it’s come back up with the correct static IP, yay!
I also see more details on the SIM pages which is great.
I also am not getting logged out quickly like I was before.

Thank you for your help!

3 Likes