Firmware 8.1.0 RC 2

In RC2, I love the new firewall log separation, but… the clear log button is missing and I cleared the main log using its button and it didn’t clear the firewall log, so right now I have no way of clearing the firewall log :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Guys,

I would like to know if the HD1 Dome is the same firmware as the HD2 Dome.
Would like to upgrade them, but just to be sure, better ask :slight_smile:

Thank you,
J

1 Like

Yes, it is. I upgraded my HD1 Dome to this RC, previous RC1, and all the beta versions.

The only thing I found out is that upgrading to this version doesn’t let you use remote SIMs.

When is this going to be fixed?

Thank you,
J

Hi J,

this happens if the Update is not complete initialised. First try a reboot of the device, if that doesn’t solve the Problem, then reinstall the Update, please.

Regards
Dennis

1 Like

Hello @Jcol7884,
You will also need to ensure that your SIM Host has the latest firmware also, this is currently version 1.1.60 and can be found here

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know the difference between session and packet based load balancing - I am just wishing that the weights for the session based load balancing could also be calculated dynamically on the fly.

For a lot of mobile deployments, connections vary in performance dramatically hour-by-hour or day-by-day, and for traffic that is not appropriate (or not functional - like Netflix) over the bonded connection it would be great to have the router better manage how it is distributed over multiple available links.

That is unfortunate.

Returning again to Netflix as an example - Netflix detects and blocks connections over any VPN, making it unusable over SpeedFusion. There needs to be an easy way for all Netflix traffic to be diverted to the non-bonded connection, without needing to route through SpeedFusion at all.

This impacts Hulu as well, and many other streaming services.

• Chris

I am using an HD1 Dome and have had no luck in switching between SIMs with this version without a full reboot. I’m using 1.1.60 on the SIM injector, and in RC1 or the last beta (I forget) it worked fine to force a particular SIM using the usual method.

The only way to switch now seems to be to change the SIM injector:SIM slot statement in the dome and reboot it.

Also, attempting to upgrade the modem firmware never seems to complete. Multiple attempts with different SIMs (all which work fine for normal traffic/data) always result in a 0% download for a few minutes, and then an error about not enough bandwidth or signal to download.

Thanks TK. Why is this new algorithm not on the BR1/Mk2? It might be helpful.

We have the same concerns.

For Netflix and the like, we have segmented streaming devices/TVs and do not let them use Speedfusion at all. All other devices go via Speedfusion using an outbound rule. Of course this means you cannot use netflix or other streaming services on other devices such as computers/ipads and it will only work via those designated streaming devices/TVs which is annoying.

1 Like

I notice on the Balance 20X that the band and signal strength information for the secondary LTE bands is not showing up on the status display.

BTW - on the MAX Transit, I have noticed that the bug where sometimes the secondary band would not be labeled correctly seems to now be fixed. Yay!

• Chris
1 Like

Another bug with the Balance 20X - the SSID and signal strength readout on the Status page “Client List” are blank when using the integrated AP:

Another issue - using the SpeedFusion Cloud “Link Wi-Fi to Cloud” feature, the generated SSID is not coming up as a mirror of the default SSID. I am only able to connect to the Bonded SSID with 2.4GHz 802.11n instead of 5GHz 802.11ac.

Also - when connected to the SpeedFusion Cloud SSID I see no evidence in the Status / SpeedFusion dashboard that the traffic to that SSID is actually being routed over the bonded connection.

Chris

Hi Chris. I can’t speak to the last two of the issues you raised but I can say that Peplink has ack’d the first one in my ticket #20070362, found it to be a bug in the UI and indicated it will be fixed in RC3. - Rick

1 Like

Yes, secondary LTE band is not showing up indeed. I can only see that information in InControl 2.

1 Like

This warning disappeared to me after installing RC2.

@Lai - I asked the following in the RC1 thread and never received an answer:

Any status on fixing the broken AP firmware pack upload/storage issue in the Balance series, as documented in ticket number 20050126? That ticket thread ends without resolution, with the statement:

That’s a known issue regarding pack storage. Possibly will be fixed in 8.1.1 GA.

Thanks.

@scuba_steve, yes, as the support personnel feedback, Engineering Team is targeted to fix the reported issue in 8.1.1 GA. Please bear with us.

2 Likes

@WeiMing

Great. Thanks.

1 Like

I’m not able to get T-Mobile to work on either a Peplink MAX Transit CAT18 or an HD1 Dome. I’ve validated it works on pre-8.1.0-RC2 Peplink devices (Peplink MAX Transit CAT12) and other non-Peplink devices.

I’ve tried setting the APN but that doesn’t seem to do anything. I see it try 3G, then sometimes LTE, maybe “Obtaining IP Address” and then resetting, and back through the process again.

Has anyone got T-Mobile (US) working with this RC?

Created ticket 20070618