Captive portal custom question

Hi,
i’m considering applying a captive portal to our free wifi at our small hotel. I’d like to ask the question ‘how did you find out about us’ and for the guest to supply an email address and still enter in the WPA2 password.
Is it possible to edit the default portal question and apply ‘how did u find out about us’ ?
Or do I need to direct to my own splash server?
thanks in advance,
Evan

Look like this is what you needed. Please ensure you have the compatible device.

https://forum.peplink.com/t/ad-delivery-service-free-beta/7932

1 Like

Hi, When I click on this link the page says I don’t have access to view this topic.

i’m running 3 x ac mini via incontrol2 on 3.5.4
although i’m getting tempted/more confident to install the latest tested beta that is in RC7 stage.

Evan

Hello @evanvilla,
Can we recommend you have a look at this previous reply in another post, this will cover almost everything you need to get started.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

Thanks I have had a read of the link, but did not come across anywhere to create my own custom field in which users can be asked a custom question, like “how did you find out about our business”, and create my own custom answer field to this question.

Hello @evanvilla,
@sitloongs may be right in recommending the “Ad Delivery Service”, though this is only currently available through certified Peplink Partners (this is why the URL from @sitloongs is not visible to you).

Where are you based, who did you source your Peplink from?
You can use this link to find your find your nearest Certified Peplink Partners
https://www.peplink.com/peplink-certified-partners/

An alternative you could attempt to use, once they have authenticated, is to redirect to to an optionally survey site, there are many platforms you can use for that.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

Hi,
Does this solution require a separate server? or can it utilize the onboard
incontrol abilities?

I purchased from everlea, New Zealand.

@evanvilla, We have a Peplink Ad server. This server will work with InControl2. Below are the compatible devices. You may contact our local partner if you need further help.

1 Like