Hi, I have a new MAX-BR1-ENT that i setup up 2 weeks ago; this problem happens a few times a day (always at the worst time) eroding trust in me, the network, new equipment etc… it’s a big problem, and I can’t figure out what is causing it. I really appreciate your help and support. Thanks!
My Setup is very simple (lmk if you need the conf or diagnostics, the forum won’t let me upload those file format):
- The BR1 ENT modem connects to the Internet via an ATT cellular internet connection
- Lan 1 connects to a unifi switch via ethernet; the switch has several unifi access points for WiFi
- Firmware 8.0.2 build 4407
- CPU usage is very low, bandwidth usage is low…
- DNS Proxy is enabled
- At various points throughout the day, the clients connected via wifi can no longer access the Internet
- However, I can still login to the router (192.168.50.1) from any client on the wifi network and use the router’s built in ping and traceroute tools, which show the modem can connect to the internet no problem, with low latency, etc.
- To ensure that the unifi gear isn’t part of the problem, I’ve tested plugging Lan 1 directly into a computer’s ethernet port (eliminating all the unifi gear) and I have the same problem; I can access the router from that computer, the router can access the Internet via ping etc., but the computer can’t access the Internet
The only solution so far is to reboot:
- The only thing that seems to fix the problem is rebooting the modem; after it comes back online everything works again… until the problem happens again later in the day. I haven’t yet noticed a pattern or trigger…
Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks!