When configuring a SpeedFusion VPN connection, there are two aspects to consider:
- Whether WAN connection has a Dynamic IP or Static IP.
- Whether Peplink Balance unit has Public IP or is behind NAT.
Therefore, there are four possibilities for the type of WAN you use to establish the VPN connection.
- WAN has Dynamic IP with Peplink Balance has Public IP.
- WAN has Static IP with Peplink Balance has Public IP.
- WAN has Dynamic IP with Peplink Balance is behind NAT.
- WAN has Static IP with Peplink Balance is behind NAT.
The table below illustrates the system requirement for configuring Peplink SpeedFusion VPN connection.
*When WAN connections with Dynamic IP are used to establish VPN connection, it is required to have at least one of them to be configured with Dynamic DNS.
In conclusion, Peplink SpeedFusion VPN can be established for all combinations.