Starlink app fix

Strange - I removed the outbound policy. Settings under ā€œManagement IP Addressā€ I have 192.168.100.2 and 255.255.255.0 (/24). Went to 192.168.100.1 in my browser and presto I get the Starlink page. If I go to the IP I set as the Management IP - 192.168.100.2, I get the 404 error? Going to 192.168.100.1 on a device that always uses the Starlink WAN is producing the Starlink page.

More information and the recommended settings guide posted here.

2 Likes

@WeiMing thanks for this revision ! It helped me connect to the management GUI of a non-Starlink LTE-modem in DHCP mode. Is there any chance of enabling this feature for Static IP mode as well? I have a DSL modem with static IP and would love to be able to access its management GUI as well. Thanks again!

Hope this is the proper forum. I have the PEPWAVE Surf SOHO MK3. I also now have Starlink Beta. How can I replace the Starlink router with the Surf? Seems the new firmware has not been released for the Surf. FOUND the link by using a google search. The search within the forum did not bring up the firmware info.
Thanks!

Itā€™s in 8.1.2 beta

1 Like

I have no idea about whether Peplink released the beta software for the Surf as I use a different Peplink router; however, all the new firmware does is give you the ability to see Dishy stats.

Before the new firmware from Peplink, I just plugged the feed from Starlink, my Peplink router, and the Starlink router into a POE hub/switch. I had to change to the Starlink routerā€™s wifi to see Dishy stats, but that took about 5 seconds. So, while itā€™s more convenient to have the new firmware, itā€™s not a big deal to have two routers being fed from the Starlink dish. It works fine.

Hi Weiming.

I just got a Balance 20X today to pair up with my Starlink so I can use a 4g failover. I got it up and running quickly enough but I have found this app issue but I can see the firmware updates for the devices listed. Is there one coming for the B20X?

Thanks

@jeremyisme, do you mean a new (latest) firmware that includes the fix? The firmware 8.1.2GA has included the fix, you may check out the announcement. Or, do enlighten me if I have misunderstood your message. :thinking:

2 Likes

Hi @WeiMing Ah, I hadnā€™t clicked on the ? under hostname to activate it. Iā€™ve got it working now. Thanks!

2 Likes

EDIT - Questionsā€¦

1. So I have access to the Starlink App page, but stats is blacked out. Speed Test doesnā€™t workā€¦ Iā€™m assuming both is because the router is bypassed.

2. Just to be clear, I should have the v2 Starlink router bypassed, correct?

I have to say, this guide was SUPER helpful.

It would be awesome if Peplink would have a Starlink specific forum. Iā€™d love some policy help from people load balancing with Starlink.

Firestick Streaming policy to put downloads to Starlink?
Gaming (COD, Valorant) - upload via DSL?

I got this working, but only after putting 192.168.50.100 as the management address. Could someone please explain, or point me to the right documentation, of what that ā€˜Management Addressā€™ actually designates?

More details:
My Peplink primary LAN is set for 192.168.50.1/24. I do not know if others use 192.168.100.1/24, and that explains the difference. With the configuration above, I can connect to Starlink on 192.168.100.1, and the Starlink App on my iPad is also working fine. If I switch the Management Address to 192.168.100.100, as described in this topic, I get a 404 error.

Regards,
Maciek

1 Like

Iā€™m glad I stumbled on this post. I have the same issue. When configuring 192.168.100.100, I get the 404 error. I changed the config to 192.168.50.1 like maciek mentions above and presto, everything works as it should.

Iā€™m not a networking guy and stumble through this stuff. No idea why this works but hopefully itā€™ll help someone else out.

Well, so there are the two of us, but still no answer. Hopefully, someone can chime in.

Maciek

Is the MAX BR1 capable of granting full starlink gui access?

• I am unable to reach the starlink GUI - details below. Thanks in advance. *

Starlink router = 192.168.1.1
Peplink router = 192.168.50.1
Peplink router MGMT = 192.168.100.43, 192.168.1.43, 192.168.50.100 = all fail

In all of my troubleshooting the best I get when I enter MGMT address or https://dishy.starlink.com/ =

"You are connected to Starlink! :rocket: "

When I connect directly to the starlink wifi router I can reach the Starlink GUI.

ROUTER DETAILS:
8.3.0 build 5256
MAX-BR1-LTEA-W

I have this same issue, it doesnt matter what I put in, it eithere doesnt load anything or it redirects back to the pepwave

I have this same issue, Iā€™ve attacked it from every angle - no success. Very frustrating.

Today I was on a yacht with a Flat High Performance antenna that connects to the starlink power supply and then direct to a Peplink BR2 PRO 5g router (Starlink is issuing a 100.95.73.x/10 address to the Peplink).

I was able to gain access to the Dishy app via web browser (dishy.starlink.com) following the instructions in post #3, however, the STATISTCS selection is greyed out. Suggestions?

If I use the mobile app, I do see the STATISTICS.

Try this link:

http://dishy.starlink.com/statistics

http://dishy.starlink.com/statistics

Iā€™m another user trying to reach the Starlink Dishy interface through my Max BR1 Mini to no avail!

In my case, my dishy is powered and connected to a 12v PoE power source (Boondocker.ioā€™s Dishy Dually) directly to the WAN port on my BR1. As a result, I get a 100.127.xxx.xx IP address with a subnet mask of 255.192.0.0. I canā€™t seem to figure out the management interface settings for the direct connection.

I could connect when using the Starlink router but Iā€™m not using it any longer.

Is there a fix to this that anyone can share?

Did I see mention on the 8.4.0 beta announcement from @stevemitchell that a fix might be in that beta?

Iā€™d appreciate any help.

there is no fix because nothing is broken. follow the instructions posted in the threads, even one this past week.