SpeedFusion Cloud and soho MK3

Hi,
I’m looking for the least expensive peplink box to connect to SpeedFusion Cloud, bonding a wired connection and a wireless as wan connection, via a cell phone hotspot.

I’d like to use wan smoothing to replicate a voip phone’s traffic across both links.

Can both a wired wan and wireless as wan connection be active at the same time, connected to SpeedFusion Cloud, on the soho MK3?

Thank you.

Yes, both a Wired WAN and WIFI as Wan can be active at the same time when connecting to SpeedFusion Cloud.

1 Like

Can you please clarify this with regards to the Surf SOHO MK3 in particular? As I understand it, this product only supports PepVPN for site to site VPN connection to other Peplink routers and NOT SpeedFusion. I’ve checked the Peplink product page and there’s no mention of SpeedFusion in the specs there. However, there is a section on VPN that is a bit misleading as it does note SpeedFusion here.

1 Like

As a follow-up, I purchased a SoHo MK3 to test, and you can bond a wired WAN and WiFi as Wan connection for simultaneous use via SpeedFusion Cloud, on firmware 8.1. I seem to be running into a bug where I can’t enable WAN smoothing, but I see both connections in use at the same time, via the tunnel status page. Very cool!

@evdovalerie, bonding 2 WANs is allowed for SOHO MK3 provided SpeedFusion Cloud is activated.

2 Likes

Thank you! I suppose then it is safe to assume this applies to any device, including the Balance 20 using 3 wired WAN connections?

@evdovalerie, you are correct.

Can the Surf SOHO MK3 do smoothing or only bonding/failover?

Can multiple WANs be in priority 1 using Speefusion? I.e. Wired + 2.4 + 5ghz wifi?

Does one need Speedfusion Cloud or will Speedfusion hub solo work too?

@mystery, for PepVPN connection, SOHO MK3 supports failover only. You can’t put 2 or more WANs into the same priority in the PepVPN profile.

For SpeedFusion Cloud connection, SOHO MK3 supports SpeedFusion bonding as long as the SpeedFusion Cloud is activated. You can put 2 or more WANs into the same priority in the SpeedFusion Cloud profile.

SOHO MK3 can connect to SpeedFusion Cloud with SpeedFusion Cloud profile and connect to FusionHub Solo with PepVPN profile.

Hope this helps.

OK to confirm:

MK3 does not support Speedfusion Smoothing at all either via Speedfusion Cloud or Speedfusion Hub Solo?

Cannot use Speedfusion bonding nor Speedfusion failover via Speedfusion Hub Solo only Speedfusion Cloud?