Port-based vlan

Can someone recommend a peplink model that supports port-based vlan?

Thanks in advance.

Port-based VLAN is supported on all Balance models.

1 Like

Hi Ron,

I took a look at the web page of a peplink router balance one and a peplink router balance 20 and did not see where I can configure port based vlan on them. Which firmware should be on them? Can you provide me more details, please?

Thanks for your reply and assistance

Port-based VLAN feature requires firmware 6.3 and above. Current firmware is 7.1.2 and you can obtain it here.

The port type setting is under: Network> LAN> Port Settings.

1 Like

Hi Ron,

My balance one core has the firmware 6.3.4 build 3997 and under port setting, I cannot select vlan. See attached screenshot.

Thanks.

Have you set up the VLAN first? Network / LAN / Network Settings / New LAN.

Hi Sylentgreen,

Thanks for your reply. I tried and were not able to get it in the port settings.

Hi Paul,

have a look at this. There are some screenshots how to do it.

Regards
Dennis

1 Like

With VLANs the first step is the hardest, enabling it.

To enable VLAN support in firmware version 7 (I think it was the same in v6), do Network → LAN → Network Settings. In the “IP Settings” section at the top of the page, click on the white question mark in the blue circle. A small window pops up saying “If you need to define multiple VLANs, press here”. Click on the word “here”. A second window pops up that says “The LAN settings will be switch to advanced mode with VLAN support. Are you sure?” Click on the Proceed button. Then, click on Apply Changes on the main menu bar (black horizontal stripe across the top of the screen).

A cheat sheet is here Using VLANs for Network Isolation - RouterSecurity.org

2 Likes