Moving of devices from an Organisations Group to a brand new Organisation Profile within InControl2

Hello Peplink Engineering,
It terrific to see the continual evolution & growth of the InControl2 product, we now have a growing number of organisations we administer on both the Mars & Earth servers.

We have a current challenge (and I’m sure other integrators may have this too from time to time).
Several groups within our company organisation are ready to be move into their own new organisation profiles.

Within an organisation we know it is possible to move equipment between groups, though we wish to move equipment and groups between organisations without a loss of captured data (such as logs, bandwidth usage). What we’d like to do is be able to not just move between groups, though also organisations moving the captured data and settings (when moving groups, such as Wi-Fi, VLANs, VPNs, Captive Porthole).

So our questions is can you help us with a process and educate us all in what additional preparation can we do to ensure a smooth transition and retention of the data and settings?

We would like to see this process and knowledge available to the community to help others too.

Appreciate your assistance,
Marcus :slight_smile:

1 Like

Currently it is not possible for you to move a group to a new organization and retain its data and settings.

However it may be possible for IC2 to allow you to create a new organization from one or a few selected groups. I.e. to create a new organization and move selected group(s) to it. The devices, configurations, reports and logs in the group(s) will be retained. I’d like to confirm if it is exactly what you want. If yes, we will further study its feasibility.

But it is not possible to move a group along with its configurations and reports to another existing organization.

2 Likes

Hello Michael,

This would be very much suitable and describes what we want to do, I’m sure we could very easily make good use of that as a feature going forward as could others as their business and client platforms grow. It certainly covers the what we are attempting to do.

Appreciate your assistance,
Marcus :slight_smile:

Hi Michael,

was this feature implemented? We need to move one group to a different org and would like to retain all IC2 settings and reports.

1 Like

Sorry, it is not available yet. But coincidentally, we currently picked up this feature and are implementing it. Stay tuned.

3 Likes

Great to hear that Michael! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Michael,

what is the ETA? I planned to do the migration today, but if it’s a matter of days, then I can wait :wink:

2 Likes

It shall be available on mars in early June. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tentatively the following report data and log will be preserved in the newly created organization:

• Data usage reports
  • Event log data in the last month
  • GPS location data in the last 3 days
3 Likes

We are a little bit behind the schedule. It shall be no later than the end of June.

4 Likes