MAX-BR1-LTE-V-T with Visible.com (prepaid Verizon)

I just bought a MAX-BR1-LTE-V-T. I also just bought a visible.com phone and activated it. I’d like to move the SIM to the BR1.

I assume that since Visible IS Verizon that this should work if I get the right APN.

Any tips and tricks?

Also, any reason why I can’t have the Visible SIM and a post paid regular Verizon SIM in as fallback?

THANK YOU!

That’ll work fine and that’s one of the purposes of the dual SIM capability. It’s actually probably a good idea. (I’ll leave your other question for someone else to answer. Moving SIMs between unlike devices can be a dicey proposition. Sometimes works fine; other times not at all.)

1 Like

Please note that visible.com only supports some phones, and Peplink routers are not among them. So your mileage may vary.

With that in mind, the topic has been covered in other threads:

and

Based on recent experience in California, visible.com was close to uselessly slow due to its deprioritization. But your mileage may vary :slight_smile:

Good luck.

Z

2 Likes

Thank you all for the good info. I appreciate it!

1 Like

I have to temper that statement - we have now deployed visible.com at a few more locations in California for testing, and there they work very well indeed (close to or similar speeds to what native Verizon connections achieve). So, your mileage may vary (and given the price point, testing is cheap).

Z.

2 Likes

I have gotten this to work! My unit is a MAX-BR1-LTE-US-T (Verizon only) unit. When I realized that others had gotten theirs to work by selecting GENERIC instead of VERIZON for the Network Mode, and my unit didn’t have that option - that maybe I needed to upgrade the firmware. I had version 7.0.3 as I recall. I upgraded to 7.1.2, and low and behold - Generic was available, and then it connected and worked! I’m typing to you on my laptop from the wifi right via it right now!

So the key to getting Visible to work for me with the MAX-BR1-LTE-US-T was setting the APN to VSBLINTERNET, and setting the Network Mode to Generic. I’m pretty sure everything else was default. I am about to upgrade to 8.0.2.

Thanks everyone for your comments, they were really helpful!

3 Likes