I have gotten this to work! My unit is a MAX-BR1-LTE-US-T (Verizon only) unit. When I realized that others had gotten theirs to work by selecting GENERIC instead of VERIZON for the Network Mode, and my unit didn’t have that option - that maybe I needed to upgrade the firmware. I had version 7.0.3 as I recall. I upgraded to 7.1.2, and low and behold - Generic was available, and then it connected and worked! I’m typing to you on my laptop from the wifi right via it right now!
So the key to getting Visible to work for me with the MAX-BR1-LTE-US-T was setting the APN to VSBLINTERNET, and setting the Network Mode to Generic. I’m pretty sure everything else was default. I am about to upgrade to 8.0.2.
Thanks everyone for your comments, they were really helpful!