MAX-BR1-LTE-V-T with Visible.com (prepaid Verizon)

I just saw this. I thought I did (mess around in the details of that), but I’ll go look again. Thank you! My first real answer on this!

Thanks Tetranz!!! I found it and it seems to be much better instantly!

Thanks EVERYONE for your input!

Hi again. Please tell us exactly what you did/changed to achieve better results.

1 Like

Hi Rick and everyone

I’ve been trying setting TTL with visible.

If I leave TTL on auto I seem to be capped around 5 up and down. Setting to 65 makes no change. However, setting to 64 consistently increases to 25-30Mbps up and down. I ran about 10 speedtests with a couple of reboots just to make sure it wasn’t a lucky speedtest. I also tried reducing further to 63 and it looked like it throttled the connection again to 5Mbps. I can swap between auto and 64 with consistent results. Wonderful improvement.

Thank you to Tetranz for this!

David

2 Likes

I am running version 8.0 build 1436 and cannot find the setting to change the TTL to 64. What am I missing I do not see any physical interface settings. Please Help.

Thank you
John

Hi. First thing to do is upgrade your firmware. 8.1.3 is current and there have been significant improvements between your obsolete version and the current one. Then, please tell us what device/product you are using.

1 Like

I have a Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2 current firmware, do you just place a value of 64 instead of auto in the enforced TTL line?

That’s exactly correct.

1 Like

Thank you for the help.

Hi All
Can someone please note where the change is made for setting the network mode to generic ?

I cannot find where to make that setting. I did confirm my firmware is up to date: 8.1.2s109 build 4899 on a Pepwave MAX BR1 Pro 5G

I see this is a three part “fix”
set the Network Mode to Generic << where ?
the APN to VSBLINTERNET
set the ttl to 64

thx !

edit:: updated RC firmware here:: Peplink | Pepwave - Forum