SIM Data Plans that work with MAX Transit

@pwaterz Very interested in the visible thing … How did you go about getting this set up?

Visible is working great. Granted I’ve only been using it for a day so take it for what it is. I’m getting 40 mbps or more. Visible does have a high ping, generally around 100, but that’s totally acceptable for my needs.

All you have to do to set it up is to set the APN to VSBLINTERNET. I don’t if it’s necessary, but I also enabled roaming, and forced it to LTE in the sim setup in pepwave. I also have my enforced ttl set to 64.

@pwaterz That is great news! Is this just a phone / sim that you moved over to the visible plan? or did you just grab a new phone and pull the sim? I was planning on trying to re-enable one of my old verizon sims on a visible plan w/ the “love your current phone” option then move it to the pepware max transit

I ordered bring your phone sim from visible for $1. Popped it in my current phone, activated it, then put it in the pepwave max.

1 Like

@pwaterz Awesome!! From what I understand visible operates on VZ tower / signal this will give me the secondary VZ coverage that im hoping for. I may be wrong but hoping not. Currently looking to find an ATT option for the other modem
I’m going to start my visible stuff today !!

There is a little more to getting the Visible SIM to work. See this post for a succinct summary.

We’ve seen it work quite well on BR1s

Z.

1 Like

@zegor_mjol thanks for the tip! I’m looking forward to getting all this in my hands to play with and not just talk / think about :slight_smile:

Did you activate it IN the Pepwave or did you have to activate it in a phone first?
gil

We activated in a phone first, employing the Visible App.

Z

Got it. Thanks.

Am I understanding correctly that Visible (with APN change) is working well for folks?
Thanks in advance for the replies.

In short: Yes.

We have deployed a number of visible SIM cards, on (vintage) MAX BR1s and on recently deployed MAX BR1 Mini LTE-As and MAX HD2 Mini LTE-As.

Some are run principally via SpeedFusion links to FusionHubs (all the traffic routed that way), others are presented naked to the world.

The service has been as stable as with Verizon in the same regions, though with an occasional dash of higher latency.

The bandwidth has been great for the SpeedFusion links (seemingly full, unthrottled Verizon speed).

For the naked deployments the bandwidth for LAN devices are throttled (5 Mbps) unless you play with the TTL setting (64 seems to do the trick at this point).

Some locations have pulled 100-200 GB/month, seemingly without ill effect.

This all may change, of course, as Visible evolves.

Good luck,

S

2 Likes

Great feedback. Thank you.

…also, my needs are likely 30-50gb/ mo. when cruising.
Have max transit cat 18 router.
Router adjustments as I understand are:
APN: VSBLINTERNET
Network Mode: generic
TTL: 64
Is the above correct?
Thanks!

Yes, your summary reflects the settings we have been using.

I would recommend setting up a FusionHub Solo and connect through that. It provides for an additional level of control and security (and provides a routable IP address, which is often handy).

For that we use UpCloud.com mostly, @MartinLangmaid really likes vultr.com Both run to $5/month for a Fusionhub installation, including a 1TB traffic allocation per month.

Good luck,

Z

Thank you very much.
I will research that…may be too advanced for me…

The setup is really easy - about 10-15 minutes for UpCloud, and similarly for vultr. I can PM you an annotated guide (based on the generic one for custom images published by UpCloud).

Btw., it is all really easy if your device is managed through InControl2 - the setup of the SpeedFusion connection is a matter of a few clicks.

Cheers,

Z

1 Like

I wonder how long until Visible locks things down?

@mystery … hopefully not! :slight_smile: working great still here

I am would appreciate the guide as well.
Thanks, jewel