Firmware 8.3.0 RC 2

We would like to announce that Firmware 8.3.0 RC 2 is now available.

Supported models:
X Series, Balance, MAX, MediaFast, FusionHub, UBR, SpeedFusion Engine, Surf SOHO

Download Release Notes

Download the Firmware

Download the SNMP MIB for Firmware 8.3.0

5 Likes

Is the support tools network capture functioning on the BR1 mini model for 8.3rc2 , or has it been removed.
If it is not included please disable the tool and indicate that on the release notes.
Are there any other models that would not included the support tools network capture?

And the status page still prompts to translate to german

2 Likes

MAX BR2 Pro (HW4) in regards to:

29226 [RC 2] [Cellular & 5GH] Fixed: Could not show the signal info
in the details of Cellular WAN

While I see an improvement over RC1 and before:

• Still no signal strength indicator display for TMobile 5G connections
  • Still no SINR, RSRP, RSRQ information displayed for TMobile 5G connections
  • Still no secondary band information displayed for TMobile 5G connections

I will update my case I started back with B2 with the above information.

On a positive note, if I force the connection to LTE everything displays correctly.

On a more positive note, it appears to work with Verizon. (I don’t have any AT&T 5G capable SIM cards at this time).

(Edit to update that my issue is only with TM at this time as VZ is working OK)

1 Like

Well this is a first. I’m on device MAX-TST-GLTE-G-T-PRM and I just rolled back from RC2 8.3.0b5487 back to RC1 8.3.0b5483. The new code somehow broke the download speed on the cellular modem. Upload direction was fine, but download went from 60-80Mbps to just 6-8Mbps and I spent an hour trying to fix it with no luck. I rolled back and I’m instantly at 80Mbps again. All other connections were fine (LAN and Virtual VLAN). This only affected the download direction on the cellular modem (Cat18 Model of MAX Transit). Upload direction remained at 20Mpbs. I first noticed the problem right after upgrading to RC2… The WAN quality charts had odd spikes to 1000ms on a connection that rarely sees anything above 100ms of a spike and sits around 20-30ms latency. A few disable and re-enables didn’t fix it, then I tried custom band selection versus Auto and that didn’t fix it. Then I ran some final speed tests just using that 1 cellular link and verified it was stuck at 6-8Mbps… then I rolled back and everything was back to normal. Carrier AT&T using Firmware 32.00.146

1 Like

Do you normally get secondary bands with Tmobile?

I find that VZW will assign plenty of bands with idle traffic, but AT&T will not assign extra ones until you are pushing plenty of data, and then when the download is complete they release the extra bands.

I don’t see my previous problem with the failed health check on RC2.

I still have a problem on the B20X of upgrading from B1-RC1 to another 8.3.0… each time I have to reboot into the 8.2.1 image and upgrade from there. (this might indicate a problem for the next “update” from 8.3.0 on)

2 Likes

T-Mobile does with LTE. My main complaint is the lack of signal strength indicator which means I can’t set an acceptable level and have it do anything in the signal threshold settings.

2 Likes

BR-1 HW3 AP page still blank.

1 Like

Amazing new firmware !
It bring on the table very interesting new function.
I have some question regarding the firmware, the VLAN WAN fonction doesn’t have PPPoE connexion method, it is planned to add this functionality in the stable firmware ?

1 Like

A minor thing: In 8.3.0 it would be useful to be able to specify the order in which the WANs appear on the main page of the GUI. In the example below, from a 20X, we’d like to group the WANs by type, e.g., WAN1, WAN2 and Cellular. When we try to do this the panes snap to the position set by the coder(s) rather than as preferred by the user and no changes are possible. (This is a GUI/preference issue which does not impact functionality.)

1 Like

On a MBX Mini 5G I see two WiFi as WAN objects when I am in WAN+AP mode, where in previous versions of firmware, I would only see one WiFi as WAN object. I assume this is a mistake - it could also be you are providing WiFi as WAN for 2.4 and 5Ghz separately but that isn’t readily apparent.

1 Like

When on the active sessions and clicking on the service like sip, it takes you to the search page, but it doesn’t search by the items that made up the item that you previously clicked on.
Previous firmware for example would return just the sip sessions.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this! I just noticed this as well today.

1 Like

@C_Metz , would it be possible for you to create a ticket and allow Support team to check on the connection ?

1 Like

@mbmike29 ,

For the T-Mobile connection. it’s indicated as 5G SA mode connection. SA mode is the native 5G connection for the 5G bands only. This is the reason why you don’t see the LTE bands info.

Support team will follow-up with you using the existing created ticket to check connection status.

1 Like

@Jonathan_Pitts ,

For the network capture tool issue for BR1 Mini, it’s a bug. Support team have reviewed your ticket and targeted we will improve this in coming 9.0.0 firmware.

For the “German” translation prompt , I’m discussing with Engineering team for the possible issue. If you use other browser to access the WebAdmin, do you see the same issue ? Beside that, what is the browser version that you are using ?

1 Like

I’m using chrome Version 107.0.5304.121 (Official Build) (64-bit).
I don’t have another browser , I use chrome.
This problem has also already been mentioned before, so I know it’s not just me.
https://forum.peplink.com/t/firmware-8.3.0-beta-1/63775509e5e0436c568e7967/7

Also can you comment on this as well.
https://forum.peplink.com/t/firmware-8.3.0-rc-2/6393159f6ef0d1fe34158eb8/10

1 Like

@sitloongs

Ok, but still no SINR:, RSRP:, or RSRQ: information are displayed and there’s no Signal Strenth displayed rendering the “Signal Strenth Threshold Settings” useless.

Full detailed signal strength did appear once after a few hours, but I rebooted and it’s been gone since the reboot to never appear.

reply pic 3.png

In response to your earlier reply, I have band selection set to auto. I’m find if no LTE band information is displayed - my concern is lack of full detailed signal strength. I know it works “sometimes”, but it’s not all of the time. Frankly I don’t feel I can trust it’s working as intended.

1 Like

Noted for the above. Support team will follow-up the issue using the created ticket.

1 Like

@Korantin-Saugrin

PPPoE method for Virtual WAN is in the feature improvement list now. Engineering team is considering the feasibility. Tentatively it won’t be available in 8.3.0 firmware.

1 Like

Confirmed with Engineering team, For SA mode connection signal display is related to the Sierra Module firmware issue. Sierra will release the module firmware to fix the issue (Sierra firmware still in beta release now)

2 Likes