Firmware 8.3.0 RC 2

@Steve_Mitchell ,

This is expected WebAdmin design. Although the Wi-Fi WAN 2 is shown in the Dashboard, it’s been locked. You can’t enable the Wi-Fi WAN2 in WAN + AP mode

2 Likes

@Jonathan_Pitts ,

Which device you are seeing this ? Possible for me to check on that ? I tested with my device and I can’t reproduce this. Possible this is related to the Browser settings ?

1 Like

German translation prompt shows on
380x HW1 8.3.0 build 5546 Serial Number xxxx-xxxx-18C3 via local ip login
20x HW2 8.3.0 build 5293 Serial Number xxxx-xxxx-65FF via ic2 RWA
I’ll raise a ticket.

1 Like

Is anyone testing with a standard AT&T data-only plan? I have two different SIMs, both from AT&T, both with slightly different hotspot/RV/data-only plans, and neither of them work in 8.3.0 RC2. They will endlessly attempt to connect no matter the variations of settings I’ve tried.

Rebooting back to 8.2.1 and they instantly connect.

2 Likes

Hi Steve. Bummer. The WAN2 at my home is a CAT18 Transit and is running fine with an AT&T Prepaid unlimited 4G SIM. We also tested an AT&T 5G prepaid SIM in a MAX Pro 5G – no issues. I’m think you may need a ticket.

3 Likes

The only thing I can think of that is different is that you have CAT18 modems and I’m using 5G. I’m going to guess it’s the modem or firmware…

2 Likes

Hmmm. Well, the Pro is a 5G model.

1 Like

Does 8.3.0 include the c-band firmware, or will we still need to install it separately?

1 Like

@Jerry_Sarfati ,

Yes, 8.3.0 included the C-band support. After upgrade the device using the firmware 8.3.0, you can initiate the Cellular firmware upgrade by follow the [Step 3] here .

1 Like

So, I need to do 2 steps? Upgrade to 8.3. AND install the special firmware?

1 Like

@Jerry_Sarfati ,

No need to use the special firmware.

What you need to do :

1. Upgrade the device using 8.3.0.
  2. Upgrade the Cellular module firmware by referring the Steps 3 :

1 Like

I’ve tried using this firmware on a BPL-310-5GD-K-T-PRM, it worked fine on RC2 and RC1 before trying to upgrade the modem firmware. These versions are not available when running 8.2.1 firmware. Tried downgrading main firmware, sadly didn’t fix the below issues. Don’t see a way to manually reinstall a modem firmware.

• Cellular 1 (5G) upgraded fine, don’t see any difference in bands or settings for the modem.
  • Cellular 2 (CAT12) said there was an update, but it actually went from 1.12.x.x firmware back to 1.08.x.x firmware and isn’t connecting anymore.
  • Cellular 3 (5G) is a MAX-ADP-5GH-T, the update from 1.x.x firmware to 3.x.x firmware added support for 5G SA Bands, which were not there before the upgrade. But after upgrading it cannot connect to any network anymore, not LTE, not 5G.
1 Like

Finally we able to reproduce this. Chrome “Google Translate” seen like treating the Status —> Device MAC address info as “German” language. Engineering team will check on this.

Again Thank you for all the help !!! ^^

1 Like

@padaco-daniel ,

can you please open a ticket to allow support team to check ?

https://ticket.peplink.com/ticket/new/public

1 Like

Done.

2 Likes

I always felt that a mac address was more greek then german. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

USB WAN-EXT seems to have vanished with 8.3.0. Used to be visible / usable on my BR2 and Balance 20X but now does not show up.

2 Likes

Never mind. The interface shows up once you plug in the USB ethernet to the USB port.

1 Like

MY AT&T SIM is working fine on 8.3.0 with a BR2.

2 Likes

@Doug_Miller ,

You are right. In firmware 8.3.0 , we making it to be auto detected when you have the USB Ethernet adapter/ Modem connect to the device ^^.

3 Likes