Firmware 8.1.1 Beta 1

We would like to announce that the Firmware 8.1.1 Beta 1 is now available.

Supported models:
X Series, Balance, MAX, UBR, SpeedFusion Engine, FusionHub, Surf SOHO

Download Release Notes

Download the Firmware

API Document for 8.1.1

10 Likes

Dear Peplink-Team, thanks for delivering a new 8.1.1 beta firmware. :+1:
After a first test on a balance one, i found the following issues:

1. The new user interface with the navigation beeing optimized for mobile devices is a great idea.
    However, navigation works great but the content pages are not caring for the display size of a mobile device / cell phone with limited display size using it and zooming is not possible (webui directly resizes back to oversize). E.g. on a iPhone 8+ the content is mostly only half visible and I need to slide right left to use the web ui as zooming is not possible, unfortunately.
    Example screenshots:

I would really appreciate, if you could please improve this as I often need to use a cell phone/mobile to provide remote support during a business trip.
This is the same for the Incontrol2 web ui: It is absolutely not possible to edit firewall rules via mobile / cell phone using eg safari browser.
See: Firewall rule management in InControl2
Please improve it. :blush:
2) The bug regarding OpenVPN (remote access) and UPnP is still there. Having OpenVPN-Server activated on Balance one, our XBoxes cannot open ports using UPnP and claim NAT to be „moderate“. After disabling OpenVPN-server, the Xbox states the NAT to be open. Additional problem I found with this new beta firmware is, that ports are opened by the XBox via UPnp but are not shown in UPnP status. Screenshots (Xbox is German language):

1. This confirmed bug is not closed yet: if you dial-in using OpenVPN to balance one from the internet, you can access all devices successfully but not the Balance One (main router) from untagged lan (used for dial in). I would really need this access to be able to provide remote support as I am often on business trips and can therefore only work via mobile.

Issues 2) and 3) where already investigated by Rokas from support team some weeks ago based on tickets I opened.
Kind regards

1 Like

Dear Peplink Team:

Greetings, I am a first-time Peplink Forum poster. Soho MK3 failed to upgrade to Firmware 8.1.1 Beta 1 (4967).

The process appeared to have run properly but Firmware 8.1.0 4941 remains running after reboot. Please also note that System > Reboot > Firmware 2 has changed status to “[Non-bootable]”.

System appears to remain stable on 8.1.0 4941 as before firmware 8.1.1 Beta 1(4967) upgrade attempt. Please advise.

Thank you,
Nick

@sitchon

The reported issue will be addressed in firmware 8.1.1 beta 2.

For now, you can recover the [Non-bootable] partition by upgrade the SOHO MK3 device using the followings firmware.

https://download.peplink.com/firmware/br1ac/fw-max_br1mk2_hotspot_sohomk3-8.1.0s027-build4947.bin

2 Likes

Please provide the upgraded device API documentation for testing.
Thanks !

1 Like

Dear sitloongs, Peplink Team:

Thank you very much for the information and for the link to firmware 8.1.0 (4947)!

Kind regards,
Nick

Bug report: “Auto” Channel Width setting for AP does not appear to save. It always resets back to 20 Mhz for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels.

@Vitaly

Can i have your device model ?

1 Like

@Venn

We are working on the API document for the new changes and we will post the update again when it’s ready. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

MAX Transit LTE-A HW Gen 2

@Vitaly

Let me verify and get back to you.

1 Like

@Venn

Router API Document uploaded.

2 Likes

@Vitaly

Confirmed this is the firmware bug. Engineering team is working on the fix. Thank you for joining the beta firmware test. :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

My pleasure. Thanks for the quick response & investigation!

1 Like

Hello Peplink Team,
Does this new version/beta release support the cellular 5G chipset frequency selection on the Device settings and also the related 5G reporting back into InControl2? We have several systems under test and can upgrade them if it does to the beta release, else we will stay on the current GA release.
Appreciate your assistance,
Marcus :slight_smile:

@mldowling

Release notes will include all the feature improvement for the firmware. I have checked on that I don’t find any on that. :grinning:

1 Like

Seems to have reintroduced the issue previously fixed here: Balance 20 - 8.1.0 - unstable - #26 by TK_Liew

@OmarVR

The fixes in the 8.1.0s083 is not fully integrated into the 8.1.1beta1 firmware. Targeted it will be included in firmware 8.1.1beta2. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Noted. Thanks.

1 Like