Firmware 8.1.0 Beta 4

We’re happy to announce that the Firmware 8.1.0 Beta 4 is now available.

Supported models:
X Series, Balance, MAX, UBR, SpeedFusion Engine, FusionHub, Surf SOHO

Download Release Notes

Download the Beta Firmware

1 Like

Mmmmh :thinking: , is it me or you forgot the UBR series in the release notes?

1 Like

Thanks, it is updated.

1 Like

Hi Lai,

is in the 8.1.0 also the features of 8.0.2s105 for the intensive WiFi scanning included?

Thanks
Dennis

I am interested in the same!

Hello @Lai,
New bug to report with 8.1.0 beta release affecting the iOS Peplink App. The internal browser version of the IOS Peplink app is reporting that the browser is no longer supported.

When using the Apps internal web admin, it now reports on the home dashboard “Unsupported or outdated browser detected.”

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

1 Like

@mldowling

Thank you for feedback. Engineering team have checked the issue and confirmed it’s firmware bug and tentatively it will be fix for coming firmware version.

2 Likes

Under Feature Improvement, Reference 21609 says “Added WPA3 Support”. I tested 8.1 beta 4 on a Surf SOHO HW2 and when creating a new SSID the UI has not changed from firmware 7.1.2 or 8.0.2.
Should there be a visible UI change?
Is WPA3 only on the MK3 version of the Surf SOHO?
Thanks.

2 Likes

@Michael234, you are right, the WPA3 only on the MK3 version of the Surf SOHO. The Release Notes will be updated to reflect the supported model(s). Thanks for the catch. :wink:

2 Likes

Initially got this firmware last week to fix an issue with a br1 mini not connecting with a MVNO sim (hologram) that worked on 8.0.0. After uploading 8.1 all it does is reboot into the old 8.0.0. Haven’t heard back from Peplink Team in several days.

Suggestion: Post your ticket number here.

**X *** Model with 8 Port GbE doesn’t support POE when the Ethernet is set to WAN. POE works on LAN.

1 Like

Hello @sitloongs,
Reporting a new bug with the Custom Service Forwarding in relation to this post

In your example, you show having multiple entries of the same port number across multiple VLANs, though this is not working as can be seen by the error message “Duplicated rule for this TCP port”.

Peplink Balance Two, Firmware 8.1.0b04 build 4919

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

@mldowling

Let me further confirm this and get back to you. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@mldowling

The above should be the WebUI bug.

For time being you can use the custom “Source Network” Selection to forward NTP request to the NTP server.

I will comment the potential WebUI bug in the forum post below as well so that everyone is aware on the issue.

2 Likes

Hello,

Can you explain exactly how the PLMN functionnality is implemented? It might be one of the greatest improvements on cellular connectevity management for a while :smiley:

I see now:

Cellular 1 health check failed, restrict network to lower priority PLMN - 20620

Does it mean that the router will itself reorganise the list of PLMN configured? Can this list be super long and redefine roaming order for any country/operator in the world?

Thanks for the clarification

2 Likes

@Venn,

The PLMN function just a list to allow you to define the priority for the carrier that you would like the cellular module to connect. It support SIM SLOT fail-over as well when the defined PLMN failed to connect.

Do you have more info for the above ? Why you need to define a long list for PLMN ?

1 Like

Because it would be super cool to define for all countries in the world how roaming should behave. And if we could specify 3G/4G that would be even cooler.

Roaming cards from the same operator will connect on the same network. Using this I can spread my cards on different networks. With 3G/4G, I could even say that I prefer any operator in 4G than the regular ones in 3G. Today with current LTE/3G selection it is only 4G or auto. But “only 4G” can cause issues in the field if there is only 3G available.

1 Like

hello

this means the drop in mode also support in balance one core models?

thanks