DNS WAN test failed

I have had this issue with my previous router which used to intermittently take the WAN link down due to DNS wan test failed on WAN 1 - I tried to troubleshoot it several times and couldn’t fully understand why it was doing that… I also though it may be a fault with our WAN link… eventually the WAN port on the Balance one failed so I had to replace the router…

I replaced the router with a NETGEAR and it has been working fine for me for 6 months without any WAN failure or downtime… but it has limited features and doesn’t have VPN…

I tried to setup a newly purchased to balance one on the same set up and first day I get DNS WAN test failed… every time this happens we loose 10 minutes of work… I really want to sort this out… so I can continue to use the balance one…

I am on incontrol2 - online one the same ID you have all the logs please let me know if you need anything else…

Change your health check from DNS to ping and ping a big corporate website (I use google and bbc.co.uk here).
Your ISP likely has busy DNS servers which causes the Peplink DNS health check to time out.

Please check the followings forum post for more information regarding to WAN health check.