I have tested and tested and tested, and see no difference between this new firmware and the old firmware.
The Balance One product has 99% CPU utilization at 350-400Mbps of download, and around 250-300Mbps of upload. I can’t even get the UI to respond appropriately, and VPN connections continue to be disconnected during this time.
I bought this product because it was advertised as capable of gigabit throughput. I am not using the AP on the product, but an AP One AC Mini because it was recommended to get the throughput.
I have only one wired machine on the Balance One, so nothing else is eating up CPU cycles. In fact, I’ve tested with three different machines directly wired, and I have the same results.
It clearly seems like this product cannot do a gigabit throughput in all conditions, and is severely limited in this particular condition.