Cannot Achieve Gigabit Throughput on WAN / Balance One

Was this ever resolved? We are having the same issue… two 1gb Wan connections and not the same speeds from WAN to LAN on peplink. But directly to the WAN connection we get the speed as advertised…

I just opened a ticket as well…

I’ve same issue with balance one. with Comcast gigabit and one 70/4 Uverse connection I’m getting only 50-60 Mbps which is even much less than I used to get on Balance 20 (which balance one replaced). Just opened ticket and submitted diagnostic logs.

Don’t think this is related to the same issue. Anyway, we will followup with you using support ticket.

1 Like

Hi, Can a Balance One do the same 600Mbps in the opposite direction: LAN-to-WAN as well?

Yes, the direction should not matter - it’s a total of 600Mbps throughput.

If you have applied the 5-WAN license then this will reduce it down to 400Mbps total.

Thanks

1 Like

As in down + up = 600Mbps ?

Correct. Throughput is the total combined

1 Like

I installed a Balance One a few months ago as my Balance 310 (ver 4) would only pass about 30mb/s on a WAN rated 80mb/s. In a Test, the max thruput I was able to achieve on the Balance ONE with my moderately extensive routing tables was 130mb/s. I think the Balance units must be quite sensitive to how much detailed routing is done in the machines and this can dramatically affect the Wan to Lan thruput.

1 Like

I read the strings and I want to say wow you did a great job dedicating your time to the support team. Obviously you wanted better results and unfortunately that wasn’t able to be achieved.

I have a client with a Balance 305 and getting the same results as your test with a gig internet and factory default settings. Maybe the marketing documents need to be updated for this model as well.

We are having the same issue on a Balance 305.

@jantzen_wired, can you share the hardware revision and firmware version of your Balance 305?

1 Like

Hardware Revision 1 and Firmware 6.3.4 build 3613

The FAQ/knowledgebase section of the Forum provides a useful overview w.r.t. router throughput for various versions: What is the Throughput for my Balance Hardware Revision?

Enjoy!

Z

1 Like