With an USB Ethernet Adapter, the USB port on the following models can be made to accept an Ethernet connection:
- Balance: 305, 380, 580, 710, 1350, 2500
- MAX: All products equipped with a USB port will support this feature.
- Surf: SOHO.
- Anker USB Ethernet Adapter.
- Plugable® USB 2.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Wired Network Adapter.
- Linksys USB 3.0 Ethernet Adapter (USB3GIG)
- TP-LINK TL-UE300 USB 3.0 to RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter Supporting 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet, Plug and Play
By default, the USB port is “USB Modem” mode. If you need to use it to connect to USB Ethernet Adapter, you need to change it to “USB Ethernet” mode, by enabling the hidden feature. Once this feature enabled, the interface will behave as normal Ethernet WAN.
- Enable the hidden feature - USB Ethernet mode
- USB Ethernet mode enabled - same as Ethernet WAN