Product FAQ - Balance Series - Balance 20

Is the Balance 20 suitable for me?

What is the Balance 20?

The Balance 20 is an one-device solution for small business connectivity. It features 2 Ethernet WAN ports with an affordable price.

How fast is this device?

The Balance 20 has a rated throughput of 150Mb/sec. The complete spec sheet can be found here.

What certifications does the Balance 20 have?

The MAX Balance 20 has certifications on:

• FCC
  • CE
  • RoHS

How many different ways can this device connect to the internet?

The Balance 20 can connect to the Internet via the Ethernet WAN and USB WAN. There is a USB port on the front of the router that can be used as a connection point for the Peplink MAX Adapter or USB-ethernet adapters (Tested compatible modems). The Ethernet adapters which we have tested are discussed here.

What is the MAX Adapter and how do I use it?

The MAX Adapter is a state-of-the-art cellular modem by Peplink. It is not a standalone router and it can be used in 2 ways:

• To add an additional cellular WAN to your existing Peplink device which has a USB WAN port. Check here to see how it works.
  • To provide 5G or LTE connectivity to your Windows or Linux devices on-the-go, acting as a cellular modem.

What is the best use case for the Balance 20?

The answer isn’t set in stone. From retail to small enterprise, the Balance 20 has got you covered. Click here and we can work out a cost-effective solution with the best overall performance together.

What devices are compatible with the Balance 20?

The Balance 20 is compatible with any device connected via Ethernet LAN or Wi-Fi, including PC, laptop, mobile phone, etc.
To improve your network infrastructure, you can also consider adding other Peplink devices to your deployment, like the MAX Adapter (to add a 5G cellular WAN), an SD Switch (to extend your network) and an Access Point (to extend your Wi-Fi coverage).

What is included with the Balance 20?

What is in the box?

Along with the Balance 20, you’ll find 1 x 12V2A power supply (ACW-601).

Is my product covered under warranty?

Yes, all Peplink products come inclusive of a 1-year warranty. Please ensure your device is sales registered to reflect an accurate warranty start and end date (see below for more detail)

How do I sales register my device?

Maintaining an accurate sales register date will ensure your warranty status is counted from the date of sale rather than the date of delivery.
To sales register your device:

1. Visit access.peplink.com
  2. Login to your existing PeplinkID account or create a new login
  3. Once verified and logged in. Select Device> Register Device
  4. Enter details and Save Changes.

Once updated, the corresponding warranty status will automatically be updated.

Can I extend my warranty beyond its coverage period?

Yes, all warranties can be extended on a year-to-year basis (EssentialCare 1-Year | 2-Year). Renewals can be purchased through our local Peplink Certified Partners or directly from Peplink eStore at the time of sale or any time thereafter.

Using the Balance 20

Does the Balance 20 employ Peplink’s SpeedFusion VPN?

Yes. SpeedFusion VPN is included in all products.

What voltage is required?

You can power up the Balance 20 with a 12V DC Connector.

What is the maximum power consumption?

The maximum power consumption is 30W.

Can the Balance 20 be remotely managed?

The Balance 20 comes with a 1-year subscription to EssentialCare, which includes InControl.
InControl has helped thousands of people save on configuration time, minimize truck rolls, stay on top of the status of their network, and proactively resolve any emerging problems with speed and precision.

What is a Captive Portal?

A Captive Portal is a configuration under InControl. With Captive Portals, you can easily offer Internet connection to your guests and conveniently manage the connection time and speed, as well as data usage limits. By doing so, you can set up a social Wi-Fi Hotspot to receive valuable demographic data from your users. Learn more here.

Licenses and Accessories

Where can I get the InControl license?

The Balance 20 comes with a year’s subscription to InControl with a valid warranty, so an additional purchase is not required.
You can subscribe to the EssentialCare plan if you wish to continue using InControl.

Model EssentialCare
Balance 20 1-Year | 2-Year

Can it connect to an OpenVPN server from a commercial VPN provider (ExpressVPN, ProtonVPN, etc)?

Yes, an optional license (LIC-OPN-WAN) will enable the OpenVPN WAN functionality.

What if I need more than 2 SpeedFusion VPNs?

By default, the Balance 20 is capable of supporting 2 SpeedFusion VPNs. You can extend this capability to 5 SpeedFusion VPN Peers by adding a license (PVN-LC-05) which can be purchased in our eStore, or from our Certified Partners.

What can I do if I need support?

Does Peplink offer support for this product? What if I have difficulties setting it up?

Peplink Partners are always happy to provide support to their product users, so reach out to the place of purchase first.
For those who prefer self-service, Peplink has a very active forum. Among the regular forum users are Peplink Partners, Peplink employees, and many knowledgeable users. Generally, people with questions get answers rather quickly. In the unlikely event of a suspected hardware or firmware issue, you can enter a support ticket with Peplink directly. You will then receive attention from some of our best engineers! Peplink supports its owners like no one else in the business.

I can’t access the Internet via the Balance 20, what can I do?

Visit this link (troubleshooting section) for a basic software walkthrough and troubleshooting guide. If you need further assistance, please reach out to us on our forum, and the team will get you online.