[API] Added support for Send SMS via API

Case:

curl -b aa.txt -H “Content-Type: application/json” -X POST -d ‘{“address”:“1111”,“content”:“TEST”}’ http://192.168.1.1/api/cmd.sms.sendMessage
{
“stat”: “fail”,
“code”: 400,
“message”: “Wrong address format”

Address format needs a “+”
Could you change the format to allow a 4 digit number without country code

@gok1

4 digit number ? Are you referring to short code SMS number ?

1 Like

Yes that is right, short sms number

Hello @sitloongs do you have any update ?

@gok1

Engineering team still consider the feasibility. Do you have more info to share for your project ?

1 Like

There is provider that has internet data limit.
When you reach the limit your pepwave is going offline because there isn’t internet connection
If you want more data you need to send a text message from the simcard you use.
That number is short code SMS number with 4digits

Are you referring to USSD code ?

1 Like

No not USSD.
This is sending of SMS text message

@gok1

Engineering team is working on this. Please stay tuned for the good news :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Hi Sitloongs,

in this Minute I get another Feature Request from one of our costumers for this.

Some providers send an SMS to their SIM card if the Data Plan Limit will be reached. Then the Router should answer with an SMS to buy new Data volume. Could this be possible?
E.g. In the settings, I’d like to say buy maximum 5 times each month. Then we could use the keywords from the receiving SMS.
It’s also okay to do that via IC2

Regards
Dennis

@dennis.hofheinz, look like you need SMS short code which similar to @gok1 here. The engineering team is working on it.

1 Like

yes, and if possible with an automatic charge feature.

if the peplink router recieves an SMS from the provider e.g “Dear costumer you’ve reached your data limit” the I will send an sms automatically to the provider to extend the data plan… that would be nice

@dennis.hofheinz

The special firmware to test sending SMS using short code is ready. I have PM you the special firmware download link. As for now SMS sending only can be triggered via the device level API.

For the automatic SMS sending request, would you able to share more info for that ? This sound dangerous for me if some bad guy can dummy that to send in some unwanted SMS :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.

1 Like

@gok1 and @dennis.hofheinz

After discussed with IC2 Engineering team, they will include the device level API accessible through IC2 API. With this, user can easily calling the device level API remotely via IC2 API.

Tentatively this is targeting at IC2 version 2.8.3 late Q3, 2019.

3 Likes

Hi Guys
I’m having issues with this. Using Insomnia (REST API client) I’m able to login to a device, create clients, create tokens, get WAN status etc but I’m unable to utilise the SMS sending command. I’m getting the following response;
{
“stat”: “fail”,
“code”: 404,
“message”: “Unsupported request”
}

Does this mean it not included in the firmware version I’m running?
I’m trying this on a MBX running 8.0.0s068 build 1290

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

1 Like

From what I can see, this function is not supported under the firmware we are running.
We require the following two functions in the same firmware - remote SIM & SMS via API
Reason been is that we have Croatian SIMs in our SIM bank in Dublin which are remotely placed on a MBX in Croatia. The SIMs are 20Gb for €10. One that allowance is up, you must recharge online and then send a TXT from that number saying “WEEKLY” which gives us another 20Gb
This can’t be done from removing the SIMs and placing them in a mobile as the SIMs won’t work in Ireland without chewing through all the credit.

1 Like

On which device are you testing
I tested on balance 30 pro & balance max br1 and it works

We where testing using a HD4-MBX, Transit DUO and BR1 MK2

@SamuelNorris,

Would you able to open a ticket for this ?

1 Like

Hi Sit

I will have another crack at this in the next week.

Thanks

1 Like