AP One AC Mini and Balance 20 - WAN connection dropping

Any updates?

Any news on when the next beta will be out?

I’m running 3.6.0b5 build 1761 due to macs dropping the connection on 3.5.4. The beta is much better but still drops every day or two connected to AP One Rugged. The fix is just to turn Wi-Fi off and back on. Once the mac reconnects, the throughput is fine.

3.6.0b6 are coming around the corner, in which we have fixed the following:

1. Channel width now correctly set based on selection
  2. Schedule radio on/off
  3. Fixed DHCP on SSID
  4. Minor client statistics fixes

@Charles_Steel Please PM your device serial numbers with Remote Assistance enabled. We can look into those drop on AP One Rugged.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, Eddy. I don’t see any link to PM you in your profile. Is that a permission issue or am I just looking in the wrong place?

3.6.0b6 is ready and can be download here. Please let us know if you see any problems. We should not be too far from wrapping up for RC/GA release.

1 Like

Updated 2 AP One Rugged’s to 3.6.0b6. Macs, iPhones, and iPads connection stability improved, however, other devices (like smartplugs and Canary) are not able to connect now.

UPDATE: my SSID’s operating on 2.4 GHz have disappeared!

UPDATE 2: reverted to 3.5.4 build 1681and now all my SSID’s are accessible again.

Appreciated the feedbacks. You may try 3.6.0b5 to test the Apple device stability improvement.

1. We will double check the 2.4G SSID disappearance. If you upgrade to 3.6.0b5 and still don’t see the 2.4G SSID, please turn on RA and PM me to further investigate that.
  2. We have found an issue with some devices compatibility that do not support 802.11r. As a result, the Wi-Fi devices see the SSID but wouldn’t connect to it. We are investigating on this. The current workaround is to roll back to 3.6.0b5.

If anyone experiences the connection issue, please help us to let us know those device model.

I tried 3.6.0b5 and 2.4 GHz SSID’s were still missing, including on Macs and iPhones. I need 2.4 GHz operational at this location so I’ll stay on 3.5.4 build 1681 until the next beta.

Bump for update.

How far out are we?

Currently, we are fixing a few more glitches. We are close to RC but wanting to put 802.11r support as the new feature. Stay tuned.

Thanks,
Eddy

1 Like

Eddy,

When can we expect the RC? Our customers are very angry at us for selling them Pepwave APs which have been unstable/unusable on all of their wireless devices except for a few modern Windows laptops.

They have switched back to very old D-Link and Netgear boxes and are getting better reliability and throughput. We set up three Rugged APs locally to test and got the same results - legacy devices are dropped off the network and others have random bandwidth freezes requiring connection resets every hour or two in order to re-establish connectivity. We’ve tried 3.5.2, 3.5.4, and several of the 3.6 betas, all have issues.

We have been supporters of Peplink for several years, but we can’t defend so many months of delay fixing serious network-stopping issues like our customers are seeing on the AP and SOTG products.

Can you guys commit some engineering resource to resolve these serious problems which should have been addressed before product release?

Thank you

Agree. We don’t need new features added. We need the existing features fixed so the units are reliable. This issue has been unresolved for far too long.

I very much appreciate the level of engagment from the staff in this thread, but at the end of the day, we just need the issue fixed.

1 Like

Hey Eddy

Any update on when the new firmware will be available?

Thanks
Charles

We are targetting to release the RC late next week.

Thanks,
Eddy

1 Like

Will the RC still make it out this week?

Thanks

The build is under testing and won’t be ready until early next week. Sorry about that delay. Mid next week is the safe bet.

Thanks,
Eddy

1 Like

Even in AP One Rugged and AP one 300M, connected with 2.4 Ghz same problem, internet connection is not stable. We installed 82 pcs in College campus and our client is disappointed with the performance.

Hoping that Peplink will solve the problem as soon as possible.

We’ve all been waiting a year and a half for this. Won’t your customers wait that long?

Hi Eddie

Is the new firmware available yet? If so, could you paste a link as I think a bunch of folks want to download it.

Thanks
Charles

Hello Peplink Team,
We have a couple of sites that we’d like to test the new firmware at when ready to see if it helps with guests using the captive portals, one site runs two captive portals among other SSIDs on each of the WAPs.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile: