WiFi as WAN health failure, switch to a different SSID

I may have previously requested this but would be great to have a feature where if the health check fails on WiFi as WAN, the device will try the next best WiFi network/SSID (i.e. next saved network/SSID in the list that has the next best signal).

The issue is the signal could remain excellent with the access point the Peplink is connecting to for WiFi as WAN but internet connectivity / link could be down on the back-end, thus WiFi remains connected to that SSID but health check fails and brings down that interface. If it tried another network/SSID that is within parameter, it could possibly bring the interface back up if there is internet connectivity available on the next SSID/network after passing health check.

The next question then is when does it potentially return to the original network / stronger signal SSID? Open to thoughts on that. I dont know the capabilities of the device if it can somehow check internet connectivity / health while connected to a different SSID? If it can’t, perhaps a user setting that allows the Peplink device at a user determined interval to switch back to the SSID to check it and if it fails again it returns to the next best SSID? Maybe in 5 minute intervals from 5 minutes up to trying every hour or two?

1 Like