Want to be a Beta Tester for our SpeedFusion Connect App?

We have exciting news everyone!

We’re currently taking on beta testers for our new SpeedFusion Connect companion app (iOS / Android).

We’ve always been happy to involve you, our passionate community, in the development of all our products. This time is no different.

Interested in building the next killer app together? Fill in the form to apply and be a beta tester now! More info down below.

[Register Now](https://forms.gle/fG47kAVbxCxGgNx96)

Which devices does the SFC App currently support?

• Balance 20X
  • MAX BR1 Mini (HW3)
  • MAX BR1 Pro 5G
  • MAX BR1 Pro LTEA (HW7)
  • MAX BR2 Pro (HW4)
  • MAX Transit Duo Pro
  • UBR Plus

What do I need to be a beta tester?
If you already have one of the devices listed above, download the app (iOS / Android), fill in the application form, and let us know your thoughts! If you don’t have one, we’d be happy to send a loan unit to you for testing.

If you have more than one WAN in your network and are already using SpeedFusion features, we’d be especially happy to have you on board.

Important: After registering your device on the SFC App, your device will conduct a factory reset and all existing Web Admin settings will be deleted. Instructions to import and export device configurations can be found below.

What will I need to do as a beta tester?
Download the app, set up your new device, and test out all the features available to you.
We’ll be hosting a briefing session to make sure everyone’s on the same page and walk everyone through what we’re hoping to achieve and what we’re trying to improve.

How to back up Web Admin configurations

Open your Web Admin, go to System > Configuration > Download Active Configuration.

2 Likes

Can you please explain what the app does?

1 Like

@mystery ,

The SpeedFusion Connect App is the application to allow user to managing the Peplink router/device using the mobile apps. It’s design for the prosumers to easily setup/configure the device without really need to understand how the router need to configure to start enjoying the features that capable for the router/device.

Let me give a simple example for the use case. You and I are very familiar on the router WebAdmin to start configure the LAN network /WIFI AP, SpeedFusion Connect Protect connection and others. Even without login to the Webadmin page, we already know what need to be do or where to configure the features. From prosumer end, they may just started to explore the router capabilities even doesn’t know how the WebAdmin look like. In most of the cases, they may stunted and don’t know what to do.

With the SpeedFusion Connect App, they can just install the SpeedFusion Connect APP in their mobile device and start build their network and enjoy the router/device features. The SpeedFusion Connect app is designed to connect anywhere/anytime via cloud. As long as you put in a SIM card or a active WAN for the router device, you can start to exploring and enjoy the the router/app features.

Hope this give some ideas/Insights how the app will help !!!

2 Likes

Will the app work with the MAX BR1 MK2?

Got an invite…but have a Balance 310X which h isn’t included?

I’m curious as to why this app is called SpeedFusion Connect? This seems to be more in line with an upgraded Router Utility, or “InControl Lite”.

I was super excited when I saw the name, thinking that maybe this app would be a super simple way to allow our phones to VPN into our network, perhaps via the SpeedFusion network, or even better yet, somehow us multiple connections on our phone to improve reliability and speed of our mobile device connections. I have two eSIMs on my phone, on separate networks for redundancy — but switching between them is a manual process. It would sure be nice if somehow an app could aggregate both of those cellular connections with the SpeedFusion technologies.

1 Like

@scottchambers @Darrin_Johnson0084
It only works with the models listed above.

1 Like

@Ben_Koehler8267

We do not consider the SFC App to be a lite version of InControl 2. While InControl 2 is intended for users managing multiple devices with advanced settings, the app aims to provide non-tech-savvy users for setting up their routers and easily utilize our SpeedFusion technology with just a few clicks. With the app, protecting business applications such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams is now much simpler. There are no technical barriers, and mass market and regular consumers should be able to enjoy the benefits without needing a strong technical background or experience in router setup.

The idea of integrating SpeedFusion technology with smartphones is intriguing. Let us explore the feasibility of this and see if we can turn it into a reality :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would suggest before you even get around to offering this app that you provide a compelling value proposition for what Speed Fusion Cloud actually does. As a ”pro-sumer” I’ve watched a number of your videos on SFC, and even tried it out, but I still have trouble understanding what it actually does for me. People buy benefits, not features. Your marketing seems stuck on providing Speed Fusion as a feature without doing much to explain its actual benefits.

I guess my point about the naming was more that SpeedFusion is a technology/feature of your routing equipment and while this app is aimed at making it easier for users to set up their Pepthing (including SFCP), that doesn’t in and of itself make the app “SpeedFusion”. Y’all need to take more care not to overload your marketing terms. To expand a bit on @winchesterv ’s point, your customers are confused as to what SpeedFusion is, because the term has been overloaded. This tool, which could be very help for users who may not be keen to configure a router from scratch via the web UI, is a configuration tool and it should be named as such. Of course this does not prevent you from showcasing the fact that the tool is capable of, among other things, helping a user set up SpeedFusion Connect Protect on their fancy new Pepthing.

You guys have a point. We may have overloaded the “SpeedFusion” words.

Actually we try to accomplish a few things with this app.

• Simplify the initial setup of certain peplink routers. We picked a few models to start with.
  • Select the applications (e.g. Zoom, Teams, Salesforce, etc) that needs to be protected by SpeedFusion’s Hot Failover, WAN smoothing capability.
  • Select a client device (e.g. Mac, IP camera) that needs to be protected by SpeedFusion’s Hot Failover, WAN smoothing, Bandwidth bonding capability).
  • Activate a secondary 5G/LTE cellular connection. Ability to switch cellular profiles in a simple, easy way. (this is a work-in-progress).
  • Select a Relay node for remote access / back to the home network when you are away.
  • Report of WAN quality and data consumptions for non-technical users.

Basically, these are all SpeedFusion Connect related features. Our goal is to make SpeedFusion more accessible for anyone, including general users. This is why we picked the name “SpeedFusion Connect” for this service.

If there is any other suggestions from the community, please share with us. We’d love to hear from you.

1 Like

Thank you, Alex. I do want to reiterate though that SpeedFusion is a pretty awesome technology that, for me (and many others), is critical to being able to live and work on the road. So kudos on building that.

I would actually love to see an app like this be built out to help the prosumer market set up and monitor their Peplink devices. Perhaps target this more as an improved Router Utility (with a better name), and slowly build out that feature set. I’m thinking something a bit more like the UniFi Network type of application. Having that kind of functionality in my pocket would be very useful. But of course, start with what you’ve got. :wink:

How can I “deactivate” the SF Connect App control of my B20X so I can revery it to pre-app config?

I know it’s still in beta, but it limits me to 3 SSIDs, and when I try to add any more or put more of my settings back in after the factory reset of web admin settings, it keeps blowing them away.

I think it’s great for an easy new-user setup of a VERY simple SF Protect config on a flat network, but unfortunately limits a lot of the functions of my router that I need.

Hi all, let me get this straight… does this app create a SpeedFusion tunnel between the Peplink appliance and the mobile device or is it just for configuring the Peplink? if it could handle a SF tunnel, it would solve all my smartphone voip app problems.

Bye

You can remove SFC App control of your device via a factory reset. You can then upload your previous configs in the web admin, under System > Configuration > Upload Configurations.

2 Likes

The app is a tool to simply the initial setup of the device, as opposed to Its Web Admin. It doesn’t currently have the capability to convert your phone into a node for SpeedFusion.

1 Like

@Alex and @Cassy_Mak I agree with others here the app should be called something different.
Speed Fusion Connect as an app implies you are offering that “vpn” service on an android/iphone.
I’d recommend a new thread or a community vote/suggestions to come up with a new name.
Tell us what the app is designed to do , and let the community help you come up with a name that makes sense.

@winchesterv and @Ben_Koehler8267
While researching something else I came across this older article, that is great detail about what speedfusion is.

Also this is another great resource:

1 Like

I totally agree, it makes no sense at all to call this thing Speedfusion Connect.

Peplink Connect might make more sense.

We hear you guys. Thank you for bringing up this issue and we appreciate that.

Please continue to share your comments and suggestions with us. We’ll certainly rethink this all over again. :pray:

1 Like

This app is designed to do the followings:

• Simplify the setup for the router with the config that works for most people
  • Select the applications (e.g. Zoom, Office 365, Teams, etc…) that needs to be protected by SpeedFusion’s hot failover, WAN smoothing capabilities
  • Select a client device (e.g. Mac, PC, TV, etc…) that needs to be protected by SpeedFusion’s hot failover, WAN smoothing, banding bonding
  • Activate a secondary 5G/LTE connection from the app. Ability to switch cellular profiles (work-in-progress)
  • Select a Relay node for remote access / back to the home network when you are away
  • Report of WAN quality and data consumptions

We hear you guys and appreciate the feedback. Please feel free to suggest anything that we could achieve the goal to bring our technologies more accessible and available to everyone.

Thank you so much.

1 Like