Verizon compatibility help

I want to get a Verizon plan from Verizon but reading the various posts I’m confused as to whether a new Verizon sim card will work work on my Pepwave device. I have an AT&T card and works well want a redundant backup as we are traveling to the western states at the end of the week. I don’t have time to wait for Ebay to mail me a sim card so I went to the Verizon store and the sales guy asked me for my IMEI number.
Please help.
thanks
John

Hi. It would be very helpful to know exactly which product you have but the IMEA will likely be found on a GUI page such as may be found at Dashboard → WAN Connection Status → Details. Look for something like this:
2020-08-18_15-27-37

Also see here … Need with finding our IMEI number

yes I have the IMEI number, my question is that if I purchase the Verizon plan from Verizon would it work in my Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2. Do I need to give them my IMEI? Sorry I’m new at this.

As is all too often the answer: “It depends” (at least in my limited experience).
In particular, it depends on your plan. Verizon considers Peplink units to be “connected devices” with restrictions related to that designation.
I’d suggest talking with your local (and surely friendly) Verizon salesperson about your plan options.

Cheers,

Z

If you are buying the plan directly from Verizon it will most definitely work as it is already certified on their network. Thanks

I’m in the Verizon store. He put a standard sim in there having problems connecting. I can’t find any actual solutions in these forums. Help please.

I was just in the V store yesterday, got a regular sim (had a old Moto E4 I brought in).

I didn’t say anything about the pepwave device, just said I wanted an unlimited data sim for the phone. Was in and out in 15m and brought the nano sim home, put it in a tray carrier and I’m replying here with that in my Max Transit. (~$60 a month with all the discounts.)

Woo Hoo!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.