Use firewall to block ALL Siri connections

We have half a dozen iPads and iPhones. Apple’s Siri is constantly activating for apps and consumes a TON of data.

Can I block ALL connections to Siri in the firewall in Max Transit MAX-TST-DUO-LTEA-R-T-PRM?

Hello and Good Day

Not trying to be a jerk here……but……shut her off.
I would totally disable that feature. I also find it strange to ask a electronic device to do anything.

I understand Siri uses the same ports as Facetime and iMessage. You could try blocking the ports they tell you to open here to make Facetime and iMessage work (apart from 443 and 80 of course):

If you have a Mac handy, you could configure a device profile using Apple Configurator and deploy it to each device.

Configuration profiles allow you to disable and lockdown a ton of features. Siri is one of them.

Unfortunately it isn’t that simple. Siri is “disabled” on all devices but apparently that only applies to standard iOS applications. Each individual app installed on the device has it’s own settings and they frequently get reset, it’s like a constant game of whack a mole.

Thanks but unfortunately I’ve tried that and it just falls back to using TCP port 80.

THANKS! This looks promising, will definitely dig into this more, and do some testing next week (Daughter is visiting for the next couple of days)

Appreciate it, fortunately I think I’ve beaten WiFi WAN into submission finally for Sprint so I’m up and running for now. Just glad that the 4 cellular devices each have 60GB of hotspot data that is finally working consistently.

Have a good weekend :+1:

How about creating an allow rule for apple.com in your firewall with logging enabled.
Then watch what hosts it accesses when using siri.

Then create new rules to block those hosts.

You could also enable url logging, see here:

3 Likes

I looked for this on various websit es including youtube and solved it using to block contacts on its own in your iPhone, and here are some steps you can take to fix it:-
1. Check Focus Mode (iOS 16 and later):- Focus mode can silence calls and messages from certain people or groups. Open Control Center (swipe down from the top right corner) and check if any Focus mode is active. If it is, tap on it to turn it off.
2. Review Call Blocking Settings:- Go to Settings > Phone > Blocked Contacts. Here you’ll see a list of any numbers you’ve manually blocked. Check if the contact you’re having trouble with is on this list. If so, swipe left on the number and tap Unblock to remove them.
3. Disable Do Not Disturb (iOS 15 and earlier):- Do Not Disturb can silence calls and messages. Open Settings > Do Not Disturb and ensure it’s toggled OFF.
4. Check Third-Party Call Blocking Apps:- If you have any downloaded call blocking apps, these might be interfering. Open the app and see if the contact is accidentally blocked there. You can also try temporarily uninstalling the app to see if the issue persists.
5. Restart Your iPhone:- A simple restart can sometimes resolve temporary glitches. Press and hold the appropriate button combination for your iPhone model to power it down, then restart it.
More effective instruction below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8bhGTxRc0Q&ab_channel=TheGeekPage