US Data Plan on LTE CAT-18 Models

What kind of speeds are you seeing on neverthrottled/ATT? I use an old grandfathered unlimited verizon sim at my home (rural/CRAP DSL). But speeds are not great. I get good speeds on ATT but had not run across this unlimited plan. But I have only tested ATT on a regular LTE balance 30 LTE.

That definitely sounds like 3G speeds to me.

1 Like

I appreciate seeing this post was created, thank you Peplink team and all contributors!

This is on a Balance 310X.

AT&T Business Wireless Broadband: this doesn’t work at all, won’t even try to connect; AT&T lists Cradlepoint routers as recommended so it was surprising to me the Peplink didn’t work.

Verizon via PagePlus: finally got a SIM to try this today… works great so far! Definitely not limited to 3G speeds.

1 Like

Pageplus , is the max 60gb on the unlimited plan?
The website says:At 60 GB, we reserve the right to review your account for usage in violation of Page Plus’s terms and conditions. *At 2G Speeds, the functionality of some data applications, such as streaming audio or video may be affected.

If that’s the case I would recommend visable instead.

I haven’t tried a lot of data but it’s suppose to be unlimited, capped at 5mb throughput.

2 Likes

One of our test setups ran through 117GB in July on a Visible SIM card (but not on a CAT18 device).

The 5 Mbps limit seems to be a thing of the past. Aside from the effect of running at a lower priority than Verizon SIM cards on Verizon’s network when the network is congested the experience has been that the Visible connections run a t the same speed as Verizon’s, possibly with a somewhat higher latency.

Of course: YMMV.

Cheers,

Z

2 Likes

Hmmmm… that seemed like an interesting plan and was in my short list of options. Did you try the 12mbps plan or the 50 mbps or the 100 mbps plan offered there?

I just read another post in the last week or so but can’t find it now-- believe someone with a cat12 peplink was using one of those plans and tried the 50 mbps plan and it didn’t work, the thinking being that they didn’t have a cat18 modem which att required for the higher plan, but it worked again on the lower tier that didn’t require a cat18 modem.

Yes, that’s the one. I’ve heard their enforcement of the limit may be pretty lax in rural areas. So we’ll see how it goes. Thanks for the heads up about Visible. Will check that out also.

I’ve tried the 8 Mbps (which works fine on a Cat 12 MAX Transit) and the 50 Mbps (which did not work in the Cat 12 MAX Transit). Neither works in the Cat 18 B310X.

I ordered a never-throttled plan, I’ll report back how it goes.

4 Likes

I’ve used all of these in CAT-18 model…

ATT post-paid ‘tablet’
ATT pre-paid - unlimited RV Plan
Puretalk | ATT
Redpocket | ATT - would only connect 3G. unusable
Verizon post-paid
Verizon pre-paid
Xfinity Mobile | Verizon - LTE but throttled to 500kb
T-Mobile pre-paid
GoogleFi | T-Mobile

3 Likes

Has anyone used a plan from https://bixwireless.com/ on a peplink cat18 device?

1 Like

I can confirm Visible does work but the latency seems to be about double all the other plans I’ve tried (whether AT&T- or Verizon-based).

1 Like

I need to amend my earlier statement about the AT&T Business Wireless Broadband plan - I ordered a new line/SIM and this one works. I’m not sure what the original issue I was having was, but thankfully it’s either been resolved, or there was something weird going on in that case.

1 Like

Is this the plan you are talking about? https://www.business.att.com/content/dam/attbusiness/briefs/att-wireless-broadband-pricing-brochure.pdf

1 Like

Yes, correct. I’m using the 50 Mbps service built in antennas and am getting 30+ Mbps regularly, which I’m happy with for now. Hoping with an external antenna to improve this.

1 Like

I just today recieved my CAT 18 modem, first pepwave device ever and was just now on the phone with Verizon rep to add it to my account and order a SIM card. The IMEI is not authorized for access on their network. Will head to the local store here tomorrow to see if they can get it on the network. I live in New Mexico (Albuquerque) and we travel mainly north and into southern Colorado and southeast Utah. I plan on ordering a second SIM from Tmobile. Love this site, so informative! Any thoughts on how to get around the IMEI issue? We have 2 iPhonex’s, so no other hotspot device with a SIM.

Hey thanks for the tip, not a fan of hacking but I guess that’s what I have to do. Is the T mobile block just unlimited or all, would hate to make a leap and it not work. Feel like I have 1k brick right now.

So I got it working on my verizon plan by purchasing a MIFI and swapping the SIM over, tested it in the store. The looks I got having the pepwave with the puma 401 attached and my laptop connected. Litterally across the parking lot was Tmobile, and it was even easier there, did the 10 bucks a month plan for 2gb since its a backup connection, it worked immediatly. Too bad Tmobile coverage in the Northern New Mexico and Southern Colorado area is stinky… Lol… All up and running!

6 Likes

Has anyone tried a Cricket Wireless Simply Data Plan (data only plan) with a peplink cat-18?