Updated MAX BR1, or a BR1 Mini plus license?

We are using a MAX BR1 in our RV with a MobileMark antenna. We’re considering whether to replace the BR1 with a BR1 Mini to get LTE-A functionality. We’ve heard an updated BR1 is in the works, but have heard that for months and would like to actually have the advanced functionality. We’re wondering what we would lose going to a BR1 Mini, vs. waiting for Peplink to release the updated BR1?

I’m also very curious about the Pepwave MAX BR1 Mk 2, hope we can get information about a concrete ETA.

If the Pepwave MAX BR1 Mk 2 will still take a while, you could look towards the Pepwave MAX BR1 Pro LTE-A.
The Pepwave MAX BR1 Pro LTE-A recently got a router throughput boost up to 200 Mbps, with firmware 7.0.1.
The Pepwave MAX BR1 Mini LTE-A has a maximum router throughput of 100 Mbps.

I’ve edited down the Pepwave MAX single cellular comparison matrix for you:

I think you will have a better LTE-A experience with the Pepwave MAX BR1 Pro LTE-A.
Full comparison matrix can be found here: https://www.peplink.com/products/max-cellular-router/single-cellular/.

1 Like

I’m also very interested in the upcoming MAX BR1 - could someone from Peplink please advise on the latest estimated availability date? If there is a way to subscribe to product update notifications?

The BR1 MK2 LTEA will have limited availability in August and then in September should be readily available. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Peplink Team, is there an official release date for the MAX-BR1-MK2-LTEA-W-T? The interest is getting extraordinary.

1 Like

The carrier certification is now complete so look for us to officially release it in two weeks!



That’s the best news I’ve gotten all day. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Tim, will this be new versions of both the MAX-BR1-LTE-E-T and the MAX-BR1-LTE-US-T?

Hi Rory, the MAX-BR1-MK2-LTEA-W-T covers both US and EU bands so only a single model is needed. Thanks, Tim

1 Like

It’s been 2 weeks. When can we expect to see the product for sale at 3gstore?

Initial quantities are limited as they are reserved for larger projects that have been in the works for a while but most likely mid-October. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks. Confirms I cannot get one for our next tour. Perhaps you could post when it’s really available. Won’t hold my breath, though. And will consider whether to go with a competitor.

Is there a link to the Specs of a MK2? I’m looking to see if its worth the wait…

Hi Team, is there a data sheet available for the new BR1-MK2?

The Partner Newsletter will be sent out today, stay tuned. :wink: