802.11ac/a/n & b/g/n on a BR1 LTE?

Currently the BR1 Pro is the only BR1 with 802.11a/b/g/n, 300Mbps 2x2 MIMO.
And none have the full: 802.11ac/a/n and 802.11b/g/n
I’ve a customer who’d like the BR1 LTE to have upgraded radios.
The smaller BR1 form factor is quite important as it is for yachts.
The HD4 ad HD2 had upgrades - is it likely the BR1 will also benefit from this anytime soon?
Thanks
Rory

Hi Rory,

Take a look at this topic:

The Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2 should be out soon.
If I understood correctly, the MAX BR1 MK2 will be LTE-A and it will support 802.11ac.

So I guess the answer to your question is to be patient for just a bit longer! :smiley:

2 Likes

I saw a note September 1st from Peplink that they will be shipping in 2 weeks. That’d be Friday. I’m not holding my breath. I’ll be surprised if I have a new router for our next tour, but won’t complain if I do (and would take my old BR1 as a backup even if I do).

Hello @Rory_Ingen,
Have you looked at the MAX Transit range with LTEA? We have been using these very successfully with many clients in Australia and are very happy with the results out of these units, they are very well featured units, compact in design and handle tough situations well when properly installed.

The “Tranist” is misleading in that these are really very suited to a large variety of installations, the MAX Transit DUO LTEA is amongst our most popular here with clients.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi All, are the LTE antennas that come with the new BR1 MK2 different/more powerful than the Classic BR1 antennas? Obviously the form factor is different, so that brings up this question. No technical info is listed on the data sheet.

2 Likes

Joey,
In case anyone is reading this thread and has missed the news, the BR1 LTE MK2 has already been released and has improved Wi-Fi.