I have signed up for the SpeedFusion Cloud trial and experimenting with the settings. My current setup is::
- Max Transit with WAN coming from WiFi WAN and LTE-A modem (currently on Cricket)
- Max Transit AP turned off
- Separate AP One Rugged on LAN port, used to set up local wifi AP
- Firmware 8.1.0
My desired configuration:
- I want to use SpeedFusion bonded connection for my work laptop, mostly because I do a lot of video calls. I am hoping/expecting that it will help make those calls more stable and allow them to use more bandwidth.
- I want all my other devices to stay on WiFi WAN if that is available, or fall through to Cellular WAN
I have watched Peplink videos and they show configuring SpeedFusion Cloud and who uses it through Outbound Rules. However, the admin portal that I have also includes a separate page for SpeedFusion Cloud, and I am not clear how that relates to other settings.
I am also not clear how the priority settings for individual WANs (on the main dashboard) relate to priority settings on SpeedFusion Cloud configuration.
Here is how I have things now:
Main Dashboard WAN priority
SpeedFusion Cloud configuration (all on priority 1)
My laptop setup to go through SpeedFusion
I have no special Outbound Rules.
With this I am observing:
- Laptop connects through SpeedFusion, but only uses the WiFi WAN connection, nothing goes over cellular
- Everything else connects through WiFi WAN without SpeedFusion
If I drag Cellular WAN on the dashboard to the same priority as WiFi WAN, the bonding on SpeedFusion starts. But I feel I need something more than to tell other devices to not use Cellular WAN unless WiFi WAN is down.