SMS Forwarding

Would it be possible forward TXT messages to another mobile device?
Also visibility and storage of TXTs in IC2 with the possibility of forwarding via email (immediately, daily, weekly or monthly email)
Would also be good to be able to respond to TXTs as this is sometimes needed to activate options.
Thank You

1 Like

Hi,

Possible to share us more info why the feature is required for the production network ?

Thank You

Some of the contracts our clients use txt messages to notify the user of their usage. It would be nice to have these messages forward onto someones mobile phone in near real time. On these contracts, you can also send a message requesting the data usage. (this could also be set up as a auto send text every day?)
We do find it a bit long winded to view txt messages at the moment, especially on the HD4s when you have a few devices to check, if it was all in IC2, it would be a lot quicker and cleaner.

1 Like

I too would like to know about FWDing SMS on pepwave.
Even cheaper routers having this function like the GL-iNet “GL-X300B” that cost $110 has this feature.
This ability is starting to turn into a MUST feature!

2 Likes

My carrier sends MFA via SMS to the contract number. They don’t support other options. I have never once received one of these SMSs in my MAX BR1 Pro 5G when checking in “SIM Toolkit”. I have to move the SIM back to their provided hotspot device to receive these MFA codes, which is super annoying.

1 Like

MFA and other notification such as billing or shut off notices are perfect examples of why feature for SMS forwarding is needed.

2 Likes

MFA and other notification such as billing or shut off notices are perfect examples of why feature for SMS forwarding is needed.

Telling a customer to remove a SIM Card from the pepwave and plug it in to a hopefully compatible phone to receive a text can be a challenge if not next to impossible. Some customers just out right refuse to touch the equipment for their setup and demand a tech to be dispatched.

Imagine how much, time, money and tech support resources could be saved if SMS forwarding was an option.

2 Likes