Send SMS to service numbers without the "+" in front

Hi all,

Here in the Netherlands we have some providers who have unlimited 4g at home.
with this you will get a sim card that you are allowed to put in a router and get 100 GB a month.
If you use up 100 GB that month you will get 5 GB every day for the rest of the month.
And if you use up the 5 GB you will be able to extend it with 2 GB when you send a SMS for example to 1280.
But because you cant send a SMS to a number without a “+” in front you wont be able to send the SMS to extent those 2 GB.

So my Feature request: The ability to send a SMS to a number without the “+” in front. Preferably by API.

Kind regards,

Dylan van Elst

Hi Dylan,

have a look in this Forum Post.

That’s seems to fit exactly to your “problem”

Regards
Dennis

1 Like

@Dylan-e

May i know the SMS number that you want to send ? SMS short code ?

1 Like

in this case its 1280

Yes that exactly the error you will get.

@Dylan-e

Engineering team is working on this. They are currently identifying the standard range for the short code. Please stay tuned . I will update again when get the latest news from Engineering team.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response! Keep me posted.

Hi @sitloongs,

any update on this? I run into the same error today and really some sort of solution for this!

Best
Jan

@MrXermon ,

May i know the firmware version that you are using ?

1 Like

@sitloongs Sure, it’s an UBR Running Firmware Version 8.1.0 build 4941 which should be the latest.

@MrXermon ,

Do you think you can open a ticket and share the ticket number here ? We may need to check from the device to confirm this. Also please please include the short code number that you would like to sent.

1 Like

@MrXermon ,

Do you think you can open a ticket and share the ticket number here ? We may need to check from the device to confirm this.

1 Like

@sitloongs: Ticket is created, ID 21010750.

@MrXermon

We will check on that and update again.

1 Like

Checked the error code and message, the error message are different. May need your help to work with support team to further isolate the issue :grinning:

1 Like