Requesting support in WAN aggregation/WAN bodning

Hello there,

Please help me to configure multiple WAN aggregation or WAN bonding technology in Balance 710. I have connected 4 WAN lines and two says connected and 2 showing connecting all the time.

At the bottom, there is an error, {Failed to receive DNS response from the health-check DNS servers for WAN 1. But public DNS server lookup test via the WAN passed. So please check the DNS server settings}

Device model - Peplink balance 710 (Only one device at the office and I want to combine all WAN into a single output for the same office network)

Thank you.

Hello karthicit06,

You can enable the Include Public DNS Servers by navigating to that WAN’s settings, locate the HealthCheck information, and you’ll just need to tick the Include Public DNS Servers checkbox under the Health Check DNS Servers section.

To use bonding with SpeedFusion you’ll need to have another Balance/MAX router or FusionHub setup in another location - AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud, or another location using something like ESXi/vSphere. If you are interested in FusionHub, we have a few guides for setting up FusionHub on AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud here:

1 Like

Hi Zach,

Thank you much for your swift response. I want to use this on the same office and same network, is there anyway to utilize the available band width efficiently? I have three lines with 50 Mbps each, i need to utilize all 150 Mbps without wasting.

Please give me an idea how it can be accomplished. Thanks again and have a great day ahead.!

By default your B710 will load balance user sessions across all available healthy WAN links. So although a single session (like a file download) will always be limited to a maximum of 50mbps (the speed of one link) multiple sessions can use all the available bandwidth as they will be spread across all the 50MBps links.

1 Like

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your confirmation. I tried the same yesterday it seems working in the way that you are described.

Thanks again and have a good day. :slight_smile:

1 Like