Request to have PUK code field when SIM card was locked

Hello,

In case a wrong SIM PIN has been entered too many times, is it possible to fill in the PUK code and let the MAX do its magic?

If not, please move to the request part :wink:

Kr,
PG

1 Like

Hi PG,

This is not available at the moment. Anyway this is a good idea :up:. I will move this thread to features request.

2 Likes

Hello,

Any news on this?

To give more insight, when you use “Disable PIN”, the pin code is NOT disabled, merely you don’t have to enter it again. After simswap and put i t back, the pin code is again asked. This is really problematic!

Kr,

1 Like

May I know which firmware version you are using? Latest firmware version shouldn’t has this problem. Please try on latest firmware version.

1 Like

Meaning that if I put the firmware, i will not have to fill in pin code again? I guess I will at least once.

The problem you described here is a known issue and fixed in latest firmware version. Please download and try.

1 Like

PUK unlock would be a great addition!
Also a notification when a SIM is PUK locked as currently it just fails to connect rather than saying “PUK Locked”
Thanks

2 Likes

I think PUK unlock is more than a great addition. For various reasons, I have a valid AT&T Sim card that has an unknown PIN assigned to it, and no way to determine what it is. I do have the PUK codes but the Pepwave BR1 Mini does not offer a way to unlock the Sim with the PUK codes, so it becomes just another brick so far as this Sim card is concerned. Not a good situation considering how often this is needed in the field.

1 Like

Could you possibly put the SIM in another device, enter PUK there, unlock SIM, and then move to BR1?

That has been suggested. I’ve looked to see if there is any risk to that, but for one thing the only AT&TT device we have is the Mobley. I could try it in a Samsung Verizon phone but I am not sure if that would screw something else up. I’ve found a link to a device that claims to manage sim cards and allow using the PUK to change the pin number. I’m thinking I will try that as there is no chance of messing something else up.

Is this feature on the road map?

Hello @TK_Liew
I’ll add my voice to this, had to go find a competitors router to unlock someones SIM using the PUK Code.
We may be seeing less of the use of the SIMs PIN though there are still a few organisations using the SIM PIN & PUK Codes for when locked out.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Peplink team,
can we get a response?

I’m not sure why there hasn’t been a response on this. It is tentatively on the roadmap for the next FW version, but there is not a guarantee it will make the cut - it is being investigated.

1 Like