Remote User Access for Different Users / Different Network Segments

I would like to ask if we can get a Feature Added for Remote Users to access Different network Segments / Vlans.

For Example User 1 wants to Access Management Vlan 1 and User 2 wants to Access Network Van 10 this should be able to do this, currently you can only have all Remote Users access only One Network Segment / Vlan

9 Likes

YES PLEASE! Need ability to assign Remote Access users to different VLANs. This is a higher-end feature that you can find on SonicWall TZ300/400/etc. and would be a game-changer to have on Peplink Balance routers. It would massively differentiate Balance routers from lower-end devices.

+1 for this also
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

+1 for this.

We have a specific usage case where remote users need access to specific VLANs/segments.

The value of remote user access is currently only as a general network admin and not for any other types of users. It seems strange that there is good flexibility within other areas of config/features and not this.

Also happy to help/test/trial.

2 Likes

Peplink-- ANY movement on this? I’m currently finalizing our standard router platform for clients and would love to keep Peplink at the top of the list. Otherwise have to move to SonicWall or Fortinet…

This feature is indeed on our roadmap but we do not have an ETA for it yet.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, with two years having passed since the request was first made, I think most users will assume it is too far off to count on if there is still no ETA for it.

2 Likes

+1

thanks!

+1 for this!

1 Like

Any news about this feature yet?

And is there maybe a workaround we can use with the Firewall rules to set this up for now? Thinking of Inter VLAN enabled and then block all in Firewall except of IP x to access VLAN y. The VPN client needs a fixed IP for that to work though, which should be possible with OpenVPN config file.

1 Like

I think you are correct that that is possible, but I also believe that is configured solely on the client site in which case it could be UN-configured by a user, as well, thereby dismantling the attempt at security most of us are trying to achieve with this feature. Pls lmk if I am misremembering the possibilities of that OpenVPN option.

Peplink-- this can even be achieved by tweaking the json of a Unifi USG, so I’ve had to deploy a few USGs and USG PRO4s in client situations where I would much rather have gone with a Balance. PLEASE bump this up on the roadmap??

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, how do Peplink routers assign private MAC addresses to VPN users/clients? Is there any consistency in terms of what devices/what user accounts get assigned what private MACs over VPN? Thx!

Anyone have any insight here? Peplink folks? Buehler??

+1 from me as well. Would also like to have BOTH PPTP and L2TP remote users defined. We of course prefer L2TP but run into users who can only do PPTP. We would like to only use pptp where required.

Anyone have any insight here? Peplink folks? This has been viewed almost ONE THOUSAND times. No chance of implementing this??