Remote Speed Test

I would like the capability of checking current down and up speeds from a remote location per device thru Incontrol or Pepwave BR1 device UI.

Is this feature available now???

1 Like

Hi,

Do you mean you need a tool on InControl2 or device itself to perform speed test to nearest speed test server in order to know the up/download throughput?

1 Like

Yes, this would be a very helpful feature for remote location management.

Hi,

This is make sense. We have put this into our road map. Stay tuned.

1 Like

Nice… This will be a very helpful feature especially for those whom managed locations remotely.

Is this feature available yet for the BR1 Max product? According to Peplink “we have put this into our road map”. That was over a 1 1/2 years ago. ???

1 Like

I’d like to see a related feature:
some logging of speed or throughput based on packet inspection.

The device is constantly sending and receiving user packets. Why can’t it inspect those and give a rough speed graph. If the WAN connection gets slow, it will show up in the averages.

2 Likes

Are we any closer to being able to run remote speed tests? I have some remote sites that I need to test frequently and it’s time consuming and expensive.

Hello @Kedon_Luke,
Have you seen what others are doing here in the forum by using FusionHub? We also have been using the technique, way more accurate than using any of the public throughput test options.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this WAN Analysis tool can help. You can use your hub site Balance as server or setup a FusionHub Solo on the cloud.

1 Like