QoS Individual Bandwidth Limit doesn't work

@mystery, I don’t have the ETA at moment. I have a discussion with engineering team, we can provide a special firmeare for you to do testing. I will let you know once the firmware is ready.

1 Like

@mystery, here you go for the firmware for you to do testing.

https://download.peplink.com/firmware/br1ac/fw-max_br1mk2_hotspot_sohomk3-8.1.0s005-build4931.bin

2 Likes

awesome! thank you so much!! this seems to be working. now we aren’t burning through 34 mbps of cellular bandwidth streaming on two small TVs and i have them set to 2mbps each.

A couple questions:

1. is it possible to change the group names of manager, staff, and guest? or add a new name?
  2. is it possible to be more granular and set these bandwidth rules by WAN? for example, limit to a certain mbps on cellular but allow unlimited bandwidth on WiFi as WAN?

slight bug: when i clicked to enable the individual limits, i clicked save, it said to click to apply changes but apply changes was greyed out. i was able to trick it by faking to change another setting and got apply changes to enable so i could click it.

thank you!

1 Like

They are default and can’t be changed. We support 3 groups only at the moment.

The Individual Bandwidth Limit applied to all WANs.

Thanks as always TK

Any chance to raise that as a feature request for consideration for a future enhancement that bandwidth rules such as Individual Limit to be able to bet set on a WAN-by-WAN basis?

@mystery, I notice you posted a feature request below. Engineering team will take a look on it. Thanks for your feature request.

1 Like

Hi TK,

Does the bandwidth limit work if the traffic is sent over speedfusion via an Outbound rule?

I had a client today using up all available bandwidth and I had them set to 1mbps max.

Thanks,

@mystery, Bandwidth Limit works over SpeedFusion tunnel.

1 Like

This may be a bug then… I had it set to 1mbps and saw 6 mbps being used on the Client list tab. Would you like me to open a new ticket?

@mystery, can I confirm which firmware you are using now?

1 Like

The special one you shared above.

@TK_Liew any thoughts on the above issue? Also, can this feature be included in 8.1.1 please? Thank you!!! :slight_smile:

@TK_Liew

definitely still having issue with bandwidth limit upload speed exceeding what is set by policy.

currently have one device set to 1mbps max bandwidth but its able to upload at over 10mbps bringing the network to a halt due to bandwidth limitations

i have filed ticket # 20090439

thank you

@mystery, I will follow up with you in the ticket.

1 Like

I’d love to test this out as well

Its been working very well. There was one small glitch where devices being routed over the tunnel required me to set a “upload / download” value on the PepVPN tunnel in order for the Individual bandwidth limit to take effect on the upload side since the traffic direction is from LAN to PepVPN tunnel. My devices that were not touching the tunnel worked without issue before tweaking that setting.

@TK_Liew I’d like to update to 8.1.2 but noticed this feature still has not made it into the official release. Can you please create another special firmware for me using the latest 8.1.2 that re-enables the functionality? Thank you!

@TK_Liew please let me know, thanks!

@mystery, we are working on the special firmware based on 8.1.2. I will let you know once the firmware is ready.

Update: Here you go for the firmware - https://download.peplink.com/firmware/br1ac/fw-max_br1mk2_hotspot_sohomk3-8.1.2s021-build5013.bin

1 Like

thank you!!