QoS Individual Bandwidth Limit doesn't work

Hi,

We have different models of Peplink Balance Router for our hotels and as we use the qos settings —> Individual Baandwidth limit for our network bandwidth management we notice that it does apply the settings that we configured. Can you please us on this.

Thank you

1 Like

Can you provide detail info how you test on the QoS Individual Bandwidth Limit option ?

2 Likes

For example:

My bandwidth total is 30mbps

At the INDIVIDUAL BANDWIDTH LIMIT.

Guest - 20mbps
Staff - 10mbps

after that at the USER GROUPS section we setup a Subnet to use the Guest - 20mbps but the on the actual bandwidth use on the monitoring it uses the whole 30mbps.

1 Like

How many guest PC use for the testing and how you actually find that a single PC can actually use more than 20Mbps ?

INDIVIDUAL BANDWIDTH LIMIT function description:
You can define a maximum download speed (over all WAN connections) and upload speed (for each WAN connection) that each individual Staff and Guest member can consume. No limit can be imposed on individual Manager members.

2 Likes

Sir its an internet server subnet that we use to test the speed. As a lot of guest are connected it consume more that the bandwidth specified in the Limit.
We understand that the manager members is unlimited thats why we use Guest for that subnet but apparently it appears that the guest members also using the whole WANS Bandwidth

1 Like

Believe you had misunderstood the INDIVIDUAL BANDWIDTH LIMIT function.

The defined download and upload speed is to limit the individual Staff and Guest member can consume and not the group bandwidth limit value.

2 Likes

Please refer to the images for my setting:

1 Like

What is the bandwidth that you get when you perform the speedtest from the x.y.75.10 PC ? Can you share the speedtest result here ?

1 Like

This is unexpected results. Please open a support ticket here for support team to check.

2 Likes

Was this ever fixed? I am having same exact issue with a Peplink Balance 305. Thanks.

1 Like

May i know the firmware version running for you device ? The issue reported here identified via support ticket and fixed. Would you please upgrade to latest firmware ?

https://www.peplink.com/support/beta-firmware-downloads/ (RC3)

2 Likes

Balance 305 V2

Firmware 7.0.1 build 2094

1 Like

Please upgrade to 7.1.1 and redo the test. We have similar QOS fix for firmware 7.1.0 and 7.1.1.

2 Likes

Hello again,

Nothing is said in the documents about the QOS 18227 fix in 7.1.0 just an FYI

https://download.peplink.com/resources/firmware_7.1_release_notes.pdf

So it wasnt fixed till version 7.1.1? Correct?

Thanks,

Niles

1 Like

@AdvancedWiFi

As requested, please upgrade to 7.1.1 and this should fix the issue.:blush:

2 Likes

We have tried to update to 7.1.1, but currently the latest update is 7.1.0 even after hitting check for firmware update several times in gui. Is 7.1.1 a full release or beta?

1 Like

Hi @AdvancedWiFi,

Firmware 7.1.1 is not officially released yet, but you can download it from > Here < You will need to download the firmware and then manually upload to the device - choose file. Beta firmware isn’t “found” from the Check for Firmware button.

Hope this helps,

Steve

2 Likes

Ok thanks very much. We will stall and test 7.1.0 today and let you know if it was fixed in 7.1.0 before upgrading to 7.1.1.

Niles

1 Like

I am having issues with this… I created a couple groups, enabled the setting, and I dont see anywhere I can select the groups. It seems the bandwidth limit is global and can’t be limited to a group that I created? I am using a MK2. Thanks.