PEPXIM SIM injector doesn't seem to save static IP address

I have a PEPXIM SIM injector paired with a MAX HD1 Dome and it seems to always revert to DHCP instead of a static IP address. The SIM injector model number is SIM-BK8-4E-56V, hardware version 2, and is running firmware v1.1.8.

I’ve tried configuring a static IP multiple times, and have power cycled, rebooted, and left the device - it prompts you to reboot the device to take effect. None seem to work.

Also, the PEPXIM logs me out very, very quickly - sometimes as short as a minute. Perhaps it is related if I can’t change things fast enough?

I’ve set a static DHCP reservation in the HD1 dome, but I really would prefer that static IP works as I’m an old school sysadmin and prefer it that way for things that should never change :slight_smile:

Is this a known issue, or is there a newer version of firmware (I couldn’t find it anywhere).

@stevemitchell

This is a bug for SIMInjector firmware 1.1.8. I’m confirming the SIMInjector firmware that you should use, i will get back to you shortly.

3 Likes

Experienceing some problems with injector here aswell, please keep me updated also! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the latest firmware for SIMInjector :heart:
http://download.peplink.com/firmware/fw_rsimServer_2_1.1.60.bin

Please upgrade the SIMInjector using the firmware and feel free to let us know if any issue found.

5 Likes

Upgrade complete. Rebooted, firmware upgrade confirmed.

Set static IP and rebooted, and it’s come back up with the correct static IP, yay!
I also see more details on the SIM pages which is great.
I also am not getting logged out quickly like I was before.

Thank you for your help!

3 Likes

Hello,

Is there any new release of the firmware for the SIMInjector?

And any news in including the firmware on the generic Firmware downloads page?
(https://www.peplink.com/support/downloads/)

Thank you,
Tim.

3 Likes

Hello Tim @tgorter,
Please find our response here on latest versions for the PepXIM SIM Injector.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks @mldowling on that.
Can I confirm then, and @sitloongs maybe you can answer, the current firmware that we should use for the SIM Injector is http://download.peplink.com/firmware/fw_rsimServer_2_1.1.60.bin

And only if you wish to go BETA one can ask for that firmware (1.1.69).

Thanks,
Tim.

1 Like

Reading threat Setting up Fusion SIM I actually take note that there is firmware 1.1.65 available for the SIM Injector.
Could we know where we can download this from, and if this is the latest suggested firmware?

Thank you,
Tim.

1 Like

Finally, I had to open a ticket (#21010759) to get a straight answer,

The latest Firmware released remains the one that @sitloongs stated above v. 1.1.60

Currently, in BETA the latest is v.1.1.87 which you can request via a ticket.

Still crossing my fingers that it will be included on the downloads page at some stage!

Have fun!

1 Like

I will track, but could you please mention me when you get an answer to your question
thanks!

Hello @christianagdmn,
Welcome to the forum!
The last post in this forum posting actually has the most recent answer, that v.1.1.60 is the last release, and the last BETA is v.1.1.87 which is available on request via a ticket.

Best regards,
Tim.

1 Like

SIM Injector firmware downloads link have been included in the firmware download page now.

4 Likes