PepVPN WAN Priority - InControl2

We were making our PepVPN connections manually but moved all that into InControl2 so it would be easier to add other units later. The default WAN priority has all WAN ports equally weighted. Is it picking that up from my Balance 580 hub and if so how can I change it? I know I can select all and modify the WAN Priority in the VPN profile in InControl2 but that means we have to update that for each unit as we add them. Is it picking up that default weighted priority from our default “Outbound Policy”?

Thanks,

John

1 Like

Hi John,

PepVPN WAN priority and “Outbound Policy” are two different entity. For more information please refer to the explanation below:

**PepVPN WAN Priority: **

• Priority of the WAN connections to be used in making VPN bonding connections. A WAN connection will never be used when OFF is selected. Only available WAN connections with the highest priority will be utilized.

Regarding to your questions :

1. Is it picking that up from my Balance 580 hub and if so how can I change it?

This can be defined at the WAN priority for the PEPVPN/SpeedFusion profile (InControl2).

Example:
Hub - MAX_HD4_659D
End Point: MAX_HD2_BC6A, MAX-BR1 (7996)

1. I know I can select all and modify the WAN Priority in the VPN profile in InControl2 but that means we have to update that for each unit as we add them.

Default settings for device that support bonding, all WANs will having Priority 1.

** “Outbound Policy”**

• Fine tune how the outbound traffic should be distributed to the WAN connections
  • Will not take effect for load distribution for PepVPN traffics using the WANs.

Thank You

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. Just as ‘product feedback’, it would be great if we could set that default Wan Priority on each hub for the PepVPN. That way all we have to do is add End Points and they’re all set as they accept the default preset WAN priority (rather than just all 1’s).

Take care,

John

1 Like

Hi John,

As mentioned by Sit Loong, WAN priority for each WAN in a SpeedFusion profile is same. All are priority 1 by default. This included for Hub and all Spoke sites.

Do you mean that you need the option to configure the default WAN priority (for example WAN1-3 = priority 1, WAN4-5 = priority 2) for Hub and all Spokes SpeedFusion profiles?

1 Like