Peplink Balance 380 Wan Speed not right

I have a Peplink Balance 380 and I got it for the purpose that it has 2 gigabit Wan Ports. I upgraded from a Peplink Balance One Core which it was giving me a 600 Mbps speed sometimes more. But I wanted to take advantage of the speed I am paying for so I have the Balance 380 now. After getting it all plugged up and setup I tested speed and I am getting a consistant since last night a 323 Mbps speed. I have checked it from several computers and nothing has changed. Is there any settings that I need to change my WAN setting and all are default. The only setting I made was setting up my PepLink VPN to reach my other locations. HELP PLEASE…

Thanks,

Chris G.

1 Like

Screenshot your WAN settings and share them here for review please Chris. Is it a new B380? Which hardware version is it?

And Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Oh I for to mention it is a B380 we have had for a bit now. Also I had Spectrum come over to test the modem and they replaced the one I had and the tested the line all was good. So them while the Spectrum Tech was still her I plugged in directly to the modem rebooted the modem and PC. Once I did that I got a 934.78 Mbps reading. Once I plugged it in to the Peplink rebooted the modem, router, and PC I as going to run the speed test on it gave me from 299.60, 306.02, 273.92, 272.00, 281.13, 268.44, 263.93. So never was able to get past those speeds. So I want to the extra mile and replaced the Cat6 from the Modem to Peplink and also replaced the Cat6 from Peplink to hub. Still nothing changed. I then went a little further and replaced the hub, and cable from Hub to PC and that did not do anything to change the speed. Of course Spectrum left and said that from the Wall to the Modem and straight to a PC gave the right Speed there was nothing else they can do. So I am lost for words as to what else to do. Any suggestions maybe I need to tweak the setting but if I do I don’t know where to begin to do that. Thanks for any insides yall may share. Chris G.

The throughput capability of the Balance 380 varies with the hardware revision.
https://forum.peplink.com/t/what-is-the-throughput-for-my-balance-hardware-revision/8410
Is yours a HW6?

3 Likes

System Information
Router Name Balance_B743
Model Peplink Balance 380
Hardware Revision 5
Serial Number 1824-9FFA-B743
Firmware 6.3.4 build 3613
PepVPN Version 5.0.0
Modem Support Version 1019
Host Name balance-b743

Ah. HW Revision 5 has a 200Mbps throughput rating which would explain the speed limits you are seeing.

1 Like

I just read that… So there is not way this balance will work then Correct?

CG

And I want to say Thanks for the Welcome to the Forum and the info y’all have given me.

So I take it that this Peplink Balance 380 Hardware Version 5 is not going to do me any good for the gigabit ISP Speed i have and if that is so then I am going to close this topic as resolved once it is confirmed that nothing can be done.

Thanks Again,

CG

CG

1 Like

Hi Chris,

You are correct. The Balance 380 HWR 5 will not work for the 1Gbps WAN that you currently have. A HWR 6 of the 380 would be required.

1 Like