Peplink Balance 210 PPPoE problem

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue with a Peplink Balance 210. It has 2 WAN ADSL links and the profiles are configured like this:

WAN 1 - Peplink performs the PPPoE connection
WAN 2 - ADSL router performs the PPPoE connection, WAN2 interface is static private IP (192.168.1.2)

It turns out that for quite some time PPPoE service is not running on Peplink resulting in only WAN2 link being active. (dashboard shows “No PPPoE service detected” - as it can be seen in the attached snip)

I have done some research and have noticed that there were other Peplink users who experienced the same issue with the same Peplink model ( "No PPPoE Service Detected" on a Peplink Balance 210 Router ) . Please advise on further actions, thank you.

The problem reported below is related to the ISP. I would suggest getting help from your purchasing point to further diagnose the problem. It should be related to the setting of the modem in front of WAN1 or the ISP.

1 Like

Created a support ticket as well, however the issue is not with the modem or ISP. I have tried 2 modems in bridge mode and successfully connected using my PC PPPoE dial up connection, but when the modem(s) are connected to Peplink…it does not initiate a PPPoE connection or to be more exact " No PPPoE service detected" .

1 Like

We will follow with you via support ticket. Need to further check from the device to investigate the issue. @TK_Liew is right that the message shown indicate that Balance 210 failed to received response after “PPPoE Discovery” packets.

The issue can be cause by the configuration as well:

• Invalid or not VLAN ID defined for the PPPoE WAN.

Beside that, from the screenshot given, found that you are using 6.3.1 old firmware. Please upgrade using the latest firmware to help isolate the issue.

1 Like