NETFLIX and FUSIONHUB

I am using a Max Transit Duo and need to keep Netflix from going across the VPN as Netflix now blocks them. Is there a way to set this up?

There is no simple “send Netflix to x” rule.
It would be great if it was defined as a “protocol” in the outbound policies
We generally do it via sending the devices that require Netflix to a particular WAN or SpeedFusion tunnel which Netflix does work on.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Can you provide details as to how I might accomplish. I run a home office where I need speed fusion for speed but had to disable it due to the fact my wife could not watch Netflix. It was not allowing the connection.

So there are a few different approaches you can take but your main friend here will be the outbound policies.

-Don’t use the option of “Send all traffic to SpeedFusion”

-Create a rule called all to SpeedFusion

-Create another rule for each device which requires Netflix (you can use Priority, Enforced or Weighted balance rule depending on your bandwidth and data plans)

Another way of doing it is to create two subnets and wifi networks. One “Business” and one “Home”
Then create two rules, one enforcing all the traffic from the “Business” network to SpeedFusion and all the traffic from “Home” to priority, weighted balance or enforced.

3 Likes

I have a balance with 3 DSL, each around 10 down 1 up and i was very excited to see that watching a 4k video uses all 3 lines at once. So netflix is working really good in this scenario. As you know exactly which networks are behind your VPN you can setup VPN outbound policies on base of the destination network policy and have local internet outbreak on your home router.

1 Like

Conclusion: Only device segregation with Outbound Policies and Expert Mode (MAC address works better than IP due to DHCP) works. Using “Domain” in an outbound policy has never worked for me. Unfortunately, not only streaming services are blocked. So are ordinary websites such as puritan.com and autotrader.com, and others. Therefore, I have to have a rule for all my streaming devices AND my general purpose PCs. I’ve reached a point where NOTHING can take advantage of bonding due to VPN blocking.

I would like to know if it is Fusionhub, or is it the Fusionhub, Vultr that is responsible for the blocking. Vultr has zero facility for setting/spoofing an IP address and I don’t believe Fusionhub will allow any configuration like ExpressVPN does.

Someday, someone will figure this out… I hope. It is a miserable situation.

Hi @joelbean

Please have a look at this post, there is an explanation there.

Simply put, it’s not FusionHub, Peplink or the data centre thats blocking the services, its the service provider e.g. Netflix due to the designation of the IP address been utilised.

1 Like

Yes. I moved my Fusionhub instance from L.A. to San Jose because the block of IPs that L.A. was using was last used in Chile and the database hasn’t been updated for them. No matter what I did at home, everything and everyone thought I was doing from Chile - miserable experience, particularly with Google (who does NOT handle Location very well).

ExpressVPN and NordVPN (and others) allow there users to choose an IP address that spoofs any VPN snoopers. I wish that I could host Fusionhub on a VPN that allowed more flexibility.

This really sucks.