Mobile Network Whitelist via MCC/MNC code

If you are going to add a white list then it would make sense to add a blacklist as well, done in the same way.

1 Like

Hi Matt,

We target to support this in v6.4.0. Stay tuned.

1 Like

That’s brilliant guys!! Many thanks. Very impressed.

1 Like

Anny update on this ? as we are getting the request for this feature more often.

2 Likes

+1 here. Any news on MNC whitelist/blacklist? This is a must have for roaming, as MCC is not sufficient form some customers

1 Like

MCC is supported from firmware version 7.0.2 onward. Detail info please find using the URL below:

MNC whitelist/blacklist is not available due to some technical challenge. Engineering is reviewing the request and no ETA for now.

1 Like

+1
Is there any plans/pipelines for implementing MNC whitelist/blacklist to Peplink?

Hi Guys

Thank you very much for this feature. It’s helping us out massively already. I have been doing a little testing in the office and have come across a very strange issue. Am i right in thinking that you cannot blacklist (deny) the home country of a sim? If so, I would imagine this could be changed quite easily. We prefer our sims to always be roaming sometimes.

Cheers

Matt

Hi Roaming Expert,

That is correct, the data roaming options have no effect on the SIM when it is in its home country.
The logic behind this is when a SIM is in the country of origin it isn’t roaming.
If you would like to see this option changed, please raise it as a new feature request.

1 Like

+1 for MNC as we have the need to force a SIM to a particular carrier while roaming.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

+1
We also received the request in this minute.
Isle of Man has the same MCC like Ireland, but another MNC. Costs are about 5 Euro for 1 MB on this Island. So blocking this would be nice.

Thanks
Dennis

In firmware 8.1.0 , You can select the carrier based on the PLMN.

2 Likes

Hi @sitloongs,

that sounds good. Could you please explain this feature a little bit? Does it mean I can whitelist one Provider or more? Can I also use this as a Blacklist?

Thanks
Dennis

@dennis.hofheinz

We have some discussion here :

Do you think it’s good enough for you to understand the feature ?

1 Like

Hi @TK_Liew and @sitloongs,

This is a great feature. Could you also make it a blacklist for PLMN codes?
I have a customer that would like to block a certain provider that is charging a lot when roaming on their Cellular towers.

Kind regards,

Dylan van Elst

Is there a manual how to implement this.
I want to black list TDG Germany from using .

My vessels go from Rotterdam Europoort to Swelgrun Germany

Normally they will use O2 / Vodafone or Telkom with have no issue
now they are connecting to TDG and this gives us a lot of problems

to solve this issue i would like to use this Custom PLMN function

Hi Guys

Very urgent.

Am I right in thinking this feature has been removed on the 5G modems? Checked a transit 5G and a Balance 310 5G and this feature is not there. This is a massive problem for us. We need it back ASAP.

@markiequarkie, sorry this is months late but if you need a hand with this message me.

Regards

Matt

I hope not!
I want to upgrade my peplink hardware soon

Hey Guys. We just had a vessel with a 5G MBX go to Turkey. It has three SIMs which are fine for Turkey but one that must not be used in Turkey so we set an allowed list which did not include Turkeys MCC code of 286 and the modem remained connected in Turkey.
This is not the expected behaviour. We have opened a ticket - 21061002

2 Likes

Hi Guys

As far as I’ve been told it does not work on the 5G stuff (or on the sim injectors).

Cheers