MAX-BR1-LTE-US problems with last 2 firmware updates. Losing LTE connectivity while in games

Hello,

I use a MAX-BR1-LTE-US through Verizon LTE unlimited plan(grandfathered) and have been fairly happy with the combo, considering this is the only real option for me where I live. No wired options etc… Anyway, the problem I’m having is the last 2 firmware updates, lastest being 7.1.0 build 2860 causes my internet/LTE to lose connectivity randomly. This never happened on my prior firmware versions. Prior to updating to the latest firmware, I was able to reboot to firmware 2 and all issues resolved. I checked firmware for an update the other night and sure enough there was another update, so I figured they fixed the issue. My fault for not checking. Anyway, issues continue with the newest build of the firmware. I know games are not important to most people but I do play in a league and it’s costing me games due to lost rounds etc… Is anyone else having issues with losing their LTE connectivity? I know it happened during the night when I was not gaming as well, because when I checked router uptime it was like 12 hours and the LTE uptime was 6 hours. I tried playing a game and within 10 minutes I lost connection again.

Advice? The router is pretty much setup as stock except for a few port forwarding settings I use for my game. On trying to troubleshoot this issue I disabled “In control” or that cloud setting thinking I would just shut off options I’m not using anyway.

Does the event log indicate a reason for the disconnect like failed healthcheck? If not then this is their network initiating this, probably just a new DHCP lease.

1 Like

I must confess I have no idea where to find the event log. I see the subsection in setup but I don’t have these options enabled. Is there another area to check?

Just seems odd that on old firmware I was good, and on new firmware have problems.

ok found it sorry.

this is what it said on last disconnect

Feb 20 05:53:50 WAN: Cellular connected to Verizon Wireless (100.98.113.178) in SIM slot A
Feb 20 05:53:10 WAN: Cellular disconnected (No device detected)

thx for letting me know about this log. So for any firmware > 7.1 build 2860 it seems to change the date to the correct date. When reverting to old firmware it shows old date? Anyway, i can go through logs and how every time I try firmware 7.1 it will cause the disconnect issues. Reverting to old firmware I’m not seeing the disconnects.

Please open a support ticket with us for further investigation:
https://contact.peplink.com/secure/create-support-ticket.html
Thanks

1 Like

ok thx and submitted

Hello I’m having the exact problem described above, with the same event log records (except I have a different cellular provider and I upgraded to firmware 7.1.1).

Has this problem been solved?
Thanks.

@BruceKorman

Please open a support ticket for support ticket for support team to check. The cellular disconnection issue can be related the followings:

1. Signal issue
  2. Cellular Fail over settings
  3. Cellular module firmware

It would be good if support team can check from the device to confirm that.

1 Like

Have you tried to update the modem firmware and this works for non LTE-A modems also:

Cellular firmware upgrade for LTE-A module. This is supported in v7.1.1 and you can upgrade the firmware via `http:///cgi-bin/MANGA/support.cgi